mine...at the moment :)
    Tarp
    a 8x10 blue :)
    Insulation
    about 30% BMI
    Suspension
    TBD...

Recycled/repurposed stuff ?

So there are these little things that came with the kids car seats. They never seemed to have a purpose for us...surely some need them but I had no use for them. We kept them and the other day I knocked a box of stuff down in the garage and rediscovered them. Its the black thing in this pic. I have four from four seats so thats just right. I cut two out and you see one there...and one at the bottom in use

Not sure I will use them but its kinda nice to find justification in not throwing anything away

“Being smart is what keeps some people from being intelligent” --- Thomas Sowell

“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys” --- P. J. O'rourke

"...I concluded my speech by telling them that I was done with politics for the present, and they might all go to hell, and I would go to Texas." David Crockett

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Ha! That almost looks like a Dutch Clip. I wonder about the weight rating though.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Nice. I would think if they are built to secure a kids car seat they are plenty strong enough for a hammock tree strap.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    about 30% BMI
    Suspension
    TBD...
    Thats what I thought when I first saw it too.

Its part of a seatbelt system and its pretty thick...I'd say 12, maybe 10 gauge steel. I imagine its probably pretty stout. Its not really cut to the purpose here...its a little wide on the open part. The closed loop is just fine though.

Not sure I will even use them really since its just as easy to feed the loose end back through the loop but I did feel a little justified in my collection of random parts of random crap
    “Being smart is what keeps some people from being intelligent” --- Thomas Sowell

“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys” --- P. J. O'rourke

"...I concluded my speech by telling them that I was done with politics for the present, and they might all go to hell, and I would go to Texas." David Crockett

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    If you were actually going to use them, it would seem to make more sense to sow it onto the webbing so you couldn't loose it. Might be really nice for backyard hang between the same two trees all the time. 10-15 second setup time.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    about 30% BMI
    Suspension
    TBD...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    If you were actually going to use them, it would seem to make more sense to sow it onto the webbing so you couldn't loose it. Might be really nice for backyard hang between the same two trees all the time. 10-15 second setup time.
    Yeah, I though about that but leaving them loose gives me more options with them and the straps.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Under/top quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Yeah I'd say if you consider the forces involved in a car accident that clip is designed to endure, is more than likely sufficient to handle a relatively small static load like this.

However, it probably weighs 4x what Dutch's nice Titanium ones do
    If you're into those sorts of things

Hammock
    DIY "Dirty Bridge"
    Tarp
    DIY "Snow Camel"
    Insulation
    DIY "Dirty Quilt"
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    What is the point of clips like that? Why not just run one end of the tree strap through the other loop? Is it about saving the few extra seconds?
    If at first you don't succeed...
    You're doing it wrong

Hammock
    Tarp
    Insulation
    about 30% BMI
    Suspension
    TBD...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothman View Post
    What is the point of clips like that? Why not just run one end of the tree strap through the other loop? Is it about saving the few extra seconds?
    I'd say its the same point as using dutch clips or biners...

I am inclined to just use the loops as you suggest as well...fewer moving parts.

Just thought it was kind of interesting garage find.

• + New Posts