NX250
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-liner/JRB MTW3
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

365 hang bedding

So I recently bought my 1st camping hammock and have started sleeping in it 7 days a week. My question is what do people use for a sheet under you. I don't like the feeling of the Clark fabric against my skin and don't want to sleep in my sleeping bag and wear it out. Since it now hangs in my bedroom (I have the best wife in the world, she actually insisted I hang it in our bedroom) I would like to use regular bedding since temperature is not an issue. I cant seem to keep the sheet in place. As soon as I sit down it scrunches up and I fight to get it into place. My only idea is to convert a couple of my sheets into a TQ type of style and clime into it before I get into the hammock like Shug does. Please help.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    I don't get to hang in the house, my wife likes sleeping next to me too much. But my thought would be to make a hammock out of comfortable material and throw it in the wash once in a while. That doesn't help you much at the moment though.

I wonder if you could shorten a sheet and attach it to the hammock by some means almost as a second layer?

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Warbonet Super Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    I think a duvet out of your preferred sheet material would work. Like a sock for the hammock that you attach at each end and along the edge in a few spots.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    A Clark is a camping hammock made to best endure the outdoors.
    For the house, nothing beats the cotton goodness and spacious room of a Brazilian IMO.
    Mayans and Nics are good too, but the Brazilians are my favorite for indoors.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    Winter fat
    Did your wife insist you sleep in the hammock, or simply insist you put it in the bedroom?

All jokes asside, I'd probably consider using another hammock (DIY version or manufactured) and save the wear on your good one.
    If you would like to get use to your camping hammock and make all adjustments before going out with it, I'd thing a sheet clamped at the ends and sides should do.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Take two oversized sheets and sew together along the long edges, making a tube. Sling your hammock through it. The gather the ends of the tube and secure to the each end of your hammock with some shock cord. It's all very baggy, but great for pulling over you for a partial wrap. Easy to take off for laundering. In the colder month, switch to flannel sheets.

Hammock
    NX250
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-liner/JRB MTW3
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Thanks for the tips. Yes she lets me sleep in my hammock in the bedroom. :-) My intent is to try to get used to the set up and figured i would switch to my ENO. My back feels so much better now and I feel rested in the AM since converting to 365 hanging. Even ordered JRB MtW UQ and it is on its way. Cant wait to get all my new equipment out in the wilderness.

Hammock
    Light/soft nylon/taffeta homemade
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, XTherm
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas slaps
    Yay! I strung up my hammock and slept in it for two years while I did the dorm thang. I loved it so much I have a set-up in the guest room now. I only ever used bedding--my best advice is to use a very flexible egg-crate or flat soft foam pad and put the fitted sheet around it, that also combatted the slight under-breeze from the fabric, then I just stacked all my blankets on over me.
    Good luck! It's great sleeping and once I find a functional ( I say functional because I don't enjoy waking up stuck to my sleeping partner) two-person hammock, I'll probably be swinging year round again!

• + New Posts