Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Too much Dutchware
    Finally found some while visiting my son this past weekend. No place around me carries it. HD, Lowes, Ace. found it @ Menards.

Benji
    When you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, remember - your half way to somewhere

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images

Re: Reflectix = Invaluable

I just bought a roll, although the brand in the UK is thermawrap and the bubbles are slightly bigger. It really is great stuff, made a cozy for my heiney pot, boiled some water, popped it in the cozy to see how long it would stay warm... after 3 hours it was still too hot to keep my finger in and after almost 6 hours it was around bath temp... impressive stuff.
    Insulation is supposed to be equivalent to 65mm of polystyrene.

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    During REV's Frozen Butt Hang, we had a roll of reflectix messing around with it at the campfire. Someone took a piece about 3' long and put it over and behind my head. That thing was seriously reflecting back the heat from the campfire!! I was toasty warm. I had made a cake to share and we wanted to warm it up a little, so we sat it next to the fire and put the reflectix dome shaped over it. It began to take the chill off the cake in a matter of minutes.
    This got me to thinking....
    I wondered if I could make a campfire side oven out of the reflectix? I haven't done it yet, but I still want to try. Has anyone else tried this? I'm thinking a square/rectangular cube with one side open to face the fire. I'm trying to think of a way to be able to fold it flat for transport, yet be able to stand up in shape when in use.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I'm not sure when the oven would melt... ;-)

The R value of reflectix is dependent on usage. This is a better discussion:

http://www.reflectixinc.com/basepage...&pageIndex=741

It is very good for radiant heat loss but not so good at conductive. I'd rather have a CCF pad between me and the ground but a reflective bad behind me facing a fire. OTOH we often run into a basic issue of how much is enough. Often the answer is "not much" so most answers work OK. Now a reflective CCF pad would be interesting...
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    I'm not sure when the oven would melt... ;-)

The R value of reflectix is dependent on usage. This is a better discussion:

http://www.reflectixinc.com/basepage...&pageIndex=741

It is very good for radiant heat loss but not so good at conductive. I'd rather have a CCF pad between me and the ground but a reflective bad behind me facing a fire. OTOH we often run into a basic issue of how much is enough. Often the answer is "not much" so most answers work OK. Now a reflective CCF pad would be interesting...

I don't know. I've spent well over my due time on a PT mat on cold concrete or dirt. It doesn't make me warm, but I don't feel the cold.

This past weekend, lounging on my reflectix pad, I could feel the mylar radiating heat where I was contacting the pad. This was the 3rd trip this particular piece has been on so it's not as nice as it first felt, but at least it lays flat now.

On our Ohio Hang people were trying it out, ground was frozen, butts were WARM. I trust it's conductive efficacy.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/SB
    Images
    I have a few car sunshades sitting in my garage.. How do they compare? I just received my 3/4 length UQ & was debating what to use for my feet & as a sit pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Likeapuma View Post
    I have a few car sunshades sitting in my garage.. How do they compare? I just received my 3/4 length UQ & was debating what to use for my feet & as a sit pad.
    Several people use them as alternatives to reflectix since it can be hard to find.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/SB
    Images
    Awesome. I imagine the R value is lower, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue now that temps are rising & its just for my feet

Might attempt to make a cozy out of it too! Glad I grabbed those sunscreens out of my old beater car!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9/1.1 Camo
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Reflectix = Invaluable

Quote Originally Posted by WickedKlown2 View Post
    Here's a link that you can print out and take to the Store : http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cata...gry=Search+All . I have had to do this before when going to Home Depot for things I was looking for.

I hope that helps
    Well, apparently I couldn't find it at Home Depot since they do not carry Reflectix here in San Diego. But I was able to get it at Lowe's along with the foil tape. Fun stuff! Cozy is complete, sit pad is next. And with enough leftovers, maybe a faux plate mail knights costume for my 5 year old for Halloween this year.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by agent00111 View Post
    Well, apparently I couldn't find it at Home Depot since they do not carry Reflectix here in San Diego. But I was able to get it at Lowe's along with the foil tape. Fun stuff! Cozy is complete, sit pad is next. And with enough leftovers, maybe a faux plate mail knights costume for my 5 year old for Halloween this year.
    I bought my last roll at HD off Mission Gorge Rd. a couple of years ago... glad you found it at Lowes...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast