View Poll Results: Do you/will you own a Warbonnet?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own a Blackbird!

41 32.28%
  • I ordered a Blackbird!

20 15.75%
  • I have That Other Warbonnet Hammock

6 4.72%
  • I have some other hammock that I use

71 55.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

ἑταῖροι
    Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

hmmm

I'm currently in possession of a BB, but I can't say it's mine ..... yet
    Live by the sword, die by the arrow

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I own a BB and an Eldorado.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images

question for BB converts from ENO / Traveler Hammock ...

I have a Blackbird and consider it to be "best of breed" when it comes to bugnet-enclosed gathered end hammocks. I prefer the lay of a bridge hammock, but appreciate the spaciousness of the BB.

I understand from Brandon that the main body (excluding butterfly wing add-on bit and netting) is a symmetric rectangle, with ends gathered symmetrically. The bugnet over the ridgeline is not necessary to shape the lay. All this implies that the lay of the hammock along the diagonal ought to be (and as far as I can tell in mine, is) the same as you have with an identically dimensioned simple hammock, such as an ENO, or Travel Hammock.

Someone in the growing mob of evangelistic BB converts there must be one---at least one---who has made the change from an ENO style to the BB. Do you think the lay is different, or is the value added here in the whole package of hammock/netting/shelf/ridgeline/image...I'm thinking it is the latter rather than the former.

But soft, what noise through yonder hedgerow breaks? It is the mob, and yea verily they do have malice in their hearts and must heresy in their midst suppress.

I'm outa here...

Grizz

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Someone in the growing mob of evangelistic BB converts there must be one---at least one---who has made the change from an ENO style to the BB. Do you think the lay is different, or is the value added here in the whole package of hammock/netting/shelf/ridgeline/image...I'm thinking it is the latter rather than the former.
    I dont own an eno, but I've laid in one, on the diagonal, and my knees get much more hyperextended than in the blackbird. My guess is that the way Brandon whipped it, combined with the foot box, makes it so you can lay on a more extreme diagonal than you can in an eno, because of the extra space for your feet.

The key difference of the blackbird from other hammocks, IMO, is the foot box. The shelf is pretty cool, and the double tie-outs make it feel a lot more spacious inside, but the sweetness is the boatloads of room for your feet.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I kind of have to agree with Mustardman. The lay is similar, but the fabric of the enos, tls, tttms, etc. does pull up against your legs a little. The BB does not. I am not as comfortable on my side in the other hammocks as I am in the BB.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Zeti UQ & WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps

Wanna sell one?

Would one of you with multiple Warbonnet hammocks want to sell one? Or even trade for a HH (I have both backpacker and regular)?

ἑταῖροι
    Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    The key difference of the blackbird from other hammocks, IMO, is the foot box.
    I'll second that. I've only napped in the BB in the backyard so far, but first thing I noticed is the foot box. My first night in a hammock was an ENO, but since I've gone to a Hennessey and now trying the BB and they are far more comfortable in my opinion.
    Live by the sword, die by the arrow

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Would one of you with multiple Warbonnet hammocks want to sell one? Or even trade for a HH (I have both backpacker and regular)?
    Hahahaha, your funny. I don't think anyone with a Warbonnet will trade down to a HH. I do have an Eldorado I would be willing to sell but to be perfectly honest I would recommend saving up and gettign the BB. It is not that I don't want to get ride of the Eldorado but there is a difference between the Eldorado and the BB.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I do have an Eldorado I would be willing to sell
    Really? I'd be interested in having another ElDorado.

Red Hat, I agree that you would probably like the BlackBird much better than the ElDorado, but if you're looking for a great hammock with the Warbonnet name...this is the one that got the ball rolling. It is an excellent hammock!

Red Hat has first dibs, but if that doesn't happen I'll take it if you're getting rid of it attroll.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Grizz
    Grizz and all,
    I'm most definately a BB convert...best overall lie in a hammock for the way I sleep.
    As noted in this thread, I discussed the construction BB method with Brandon and completed a DIY no net 'copy' of the BB. Copy is the wrong word...no net, no shelf, no footbox. I cut the fabric differently than the BB (to try and mimic the footbox effect), but general opinion is that shouldn't make much of a difference. I did duplicate the gathering/whipping techniqes, hammock body size, internal ridgline length, and pull outs.
    I made this hammock in an attempt to replicate the lie of the BB in a winter, no net (read lighter) version and I feel the lie is very, very similar to my BB.
    With all that being said, IMO, the combination of hammock body size, materials, gathering/whipping, ridgeline length, and pull outs make the BB signifigantly different than the ENO etc. It's unfair to compare!!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast