I am trying to decide on a first camping hammock to purchase. For that purpose I am trying to learn more about the WB Blackbird hammock and attempting to not assume I understand certain design features about the BB which may be incorrect assumptions. To that end I have a few , actually several, questions which perhaps someone here could answer. I started out with a long winded list of questions which I was going to break up into seperate threads but on second thought I've tried to simplify the questions and trim down the lenght of my post.

First fabric - 1.1 , 1.7 - what is it ? Is it 1.1oz or 1.7 oz weight per square yard ? I think it likely is but it doesn't say. So maybe it means something else.

Why choose one over the other ? What drove your choice ? - ligher , tougher, flatter , stretchy or not , you backpack or never carry far from car or canoe. One just feels nicer to the touch. What are most folks purchasing 1.1 or 1.7 ? Would you make a different choice next time or purchase the different type fabric for a different use? By different use I mean short hike vs long hike,. summer / winter or something carrys the hammock , car,canoe, kayak or you.

Single or double layer. Am I correct that only the double layer has a pad pocket ? ( I am almost certain that I will prefer a pad pocket design no matter what make hammock I purchase but perhaps my idea of its importance will change after hearing others opinions ) Are most folks buying a double layer hammock to put something in the pocket or simiply to have two layers for extra strength, less stretch, to defeat the skeeters long reach? Some other reason ? If you have a single or double would you choose differently next time or buy the other type for a different use? By use I mean what carries the hammock you or the car,canoe, kayak, pulk whatever.

Are these fabric breathable or water resistant/proof ?
Not sure which I would prefer. It seems waterproof may protect against blown rain, or splash up,but be more prone to condensation. Breathable may let you get wet from rain but not condensation. Seems sometimes either way you may get wet from time to time - you only get to choose what type of wet you prefer .

Suspension systems. I am trying to understand the difference between the two available suspension systems. I have seen pictures of the adjustable , double tri-ring suspension. I think I understand that choice. Seems like a nice system.

But I am not sure how the other, line/tree strap, system works. Is there a picture of it somewhere in the gallery that I have missed? I do understand that this system is lighter than the other. Just not sure I understand what it is and how it works.

Also , are to two systems interchangeable after purchase ? iow - is it the case that no matter which suspension is initally ordered that the other system be changed to easily ? No need to rip seams and such to change systems?

Is the BB designed to easily go to ground if necesary?

I've not seen any reference or pictures of a BB gone to ground. While I think it could likely be done if necessary. But are there designed in features to make this easy to do when necessary? Are peg out loops etc built in to make this easy to do if necessary?

Some other designs seem to go out of their way to promote the fact that their model is designed with that possible situation in mind. But I've not seen anything about it in regards to the BB. Now I have come to appreciate that going to ground seems to brand you a heritic among the hanger addicted and may get your forehead branded with GD, ground dweller, as a warning to others to shun you. However- There are places where hanging isn't possible - you thought there'd be good trees but there aren't or its not permitted by local rules or your the late arrival type and the good spots are gone and your on the ground or not part of the group , to hang is to go hermit at the edges if you can hang at all. Therefore being able to so do easily is a consideration for me.

Looking forward to the feedback.

David