Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Member AppalachianHammock's Avatar

Appalachian Hammock

Hey guys, I just wanted to come on give a bit of an introduction for my brother Kyle and I, and our hammock company Appalachian Hammock LLC. We started about 2 years ago with the idea of bringing a high-quality, 100% USA made ripstop hammock to the market. Since then, we have been striving to continuously test and improve upon our products. We have also come out with a double layer hammock for those who prefer pads, and we are always engineering new products for our customers. We hope to become an active part of hammockforums.net, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to either email us at [email protected], or Pm me here on the
    forum.

We love to hear feedback, so check us out at www.AppalachianHammock.com
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Baker
    Co-owner, Appalachian Hammock
    Last edited by AppalachianHammock; 04-11-2013 at 20:18.
    -Ryan and Kyle Baker, Owners
    www.AppalachianHammock.com

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Welcome to Hammock Forums. The website looks great. I think the money back thing is a great idea. Makes it easier for someone who's on the fence about trying hammocks to take the plunge.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Great looking site.

I looked at your site and noticed that you use " 1'' Military-grade tubular nylon " straps.

As nylon straps have a nasty habit of stretching, how do yours hold up in the stretch department ?
    Last edited by gunner76; 04-13-2013 at 13:54.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    I like your suspension system- strap, carabiner and very simple knot. The one thing I'm not sure of is the orange, as Clemson fan, I should be happy, but I really do like to be stealthy when possible.
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    Welcome to Hammock Forums. The website looks great. I think the money back thing is a great idea. Makes it easier for someone who's on the fence about trying hammocks to take the plunge.
    Thanks. We want people to be happy with their purchase, so we offer the 60 day money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Great looking site.

I looked at your site and noticed that you use "1'' Military-grade tubular nylon" straps.

As nylon straps have a nasty habit of stretching, how do yours hold up in the stretch department ?
    Hi Gunner, we actually use 1'' tubular nylon, which has very little to no stretch, unlike flat nylon. I have been using my personal strap set for almost 3 years, and I have never woken up on the ground, even when wet. In fact, I was camping last weekend, and it poured down rain both nights. Each morning I was still high and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by CrankyOldGuy View Post
    I like your suspension system- strap, carabiner and very simple knot. The one thing I'm not sure of is the orange, as Clemson fan, I should be happy, but I really do like to be stealthy when possible.
    Sometimes I like to be stealthy as well, but not as stealthy as to lose your hammock in the bush. If you want to hide from the world, just toss the stuffsack inside your pack or jacket.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Welcome to the forums. I am sure the more you poke around here, the more you will be able to understand that we are a passionate group. All of us here will help you out as much as possible. I am positive that you will get the feedback that you are looking for.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I personally like the orange and like the look of your hammock, i think if i buy one more hammock (8 as of now) my old lady will probably self destruct and ill be sleeping in my hammocks full time...hmmm.

Anywho i see you sell the stuff sacks for the original, but will you be making the double ended available on its own in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by yooz85 View Post
    I personally like the orange and like the look of your hammock, i think if i buy one more hammock (8 as of now) my old lady will probably self destruct and ill be sleeping in my hammocks full time...hmmm.

Anywho i see you sell the stuff sacks for the original, but will you be making the double ended available on its own in the near future?
    Thanks. I guess we were thinking you can see it when you need to and not when you don't kind of deal on the color scheme.

So you own 8 hammocks?? That's pretty impressive. And how many of those 8 did you "buy for your old lady"? LOL

Yeah we can certainly do that on the double-ended sack. There are actually several components and variants we've been meaning to add, but just haven't had the time to get around to them all. You asking about it helps speed that up though! I'll aim to have it up tomorrow at some point. Thanks for asking!

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Welcome to HF!

Did I see a display of your products at Black Mount in Asheville?
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Nice website and the return policy is incredible, good luck..

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast