Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvano View Post
    Do you use your hammock to sleep with a s.o.? How do you do that? How wide is wide enough?
    With great regularity.

We don't own a bed; got rid of them years ago. We each have our own hammock, but probably spend the night together in the same hammock about half of the week.

Our standard position is pretty much me in my normal diagonal and then she kind of climbs in half on top of me. This works for us because I sleep like the dead and she can get up to go to the bathroom for the 73rd time that evening. I may awake, but I don't have to move.

The hammocks we use most often have a bed width of 64"...I think.

Agree with the other posters that it isn't for everyone. Good thing Genuine Draft and I really aren't considered "normal" by too many people. The ones that do consider us normal....well, those people lack proper mental health care!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    Winter fat
    Quote Originally Posted by gothmog View Post
    I made a large DIY and have successfully and comfortably slept double. You do have to be comfortable sleeping close tho! I've been married 17 years, and my wife spends most nights sleeping half on top of me anyway. Just more comfortable in the hammock, for me anyway. Don't feel the need to re adjust position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    With great regularity.

We don't own a bed; got rid of them years ago. We each have our own hammock, but probably spend the night together in the same hammock about half of the week.

Our standard position is pretty much me in my normal diagonal and then she kind of climbs in half on top of me. This works for us because I sleep like the dead and she can get up to go to the bathroom for the 73rd time that evening. I may awake, but I don't have to move.

The hammocks we use most often have a bed width of 64"...I think.

Agree with the other posters that it isn't for everyone. Good thing Genuine Draft and I really aren't considered "normal" by too many people. The ones that do consider us normal....well, those people lack proper mental health care!
    I'm still trying to talk the wife into switching to hammocks at home. She's been on my case about replacing our bed with some bed that is way too much money.
    Would be seporate hammocks for us if we did.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk ATHH
    Tarp
    Sky Tent
    Insulation
    ccf pad
    Suspension
    Byer micro ropes
    My wife and I share a hammock fairly frequently. Its a ticket to the moon king size though, I don't recall exactly what the behemouth measures, something like 7 by 13. Only problem we run into is if one of us wants to stay up later than the other or gets up during the night it involves waking the other person up. Getting comfortable is definately a joint effort.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Dblhammock made a double that lays side by side. I think it takes the right trees, though.

If you had a really wide blank, I guess you could sew a strap or mule tape down the middle, but again, you'd need spreader bars or some way to keep the two of you apart.

one of Dblhammock's pics:
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Cat cut Hex
    Insulation
    Folded PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    If you had a really wide blank, I guess you could sew a strap or mule tape down the middle, but again, you'd need spreader bars or some way to keep the two of you apart.
    Great idea John!! I will have to look into making something like DblHammock and use the mule tape in the center... will have to put in an order with you soon!!

I love this group!!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Mrs Byrd and TMG (the little one) will share a hammock when we finally get out to the piney woods together, but I wouldn't be able to sleep with anyone, no matter the size
    The mountains are calling
    and I must go...

-John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12