Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Brucie, caught the first 10 minutes, will get the rest in tomorrow.
    All I can say is we are lucky to have you, sharing your world. Now the size of those crawfish---first thing I thought of was a large pot of boiling water!
    Another thought. You are always (seemingly) going on private jaunts (You did do a trip with Conspeedy if I remember); surely in that death defying world you live in you are letting some one know that if you dont return to look for a serpent with a gigantic swollen belly
    Loved part one. Looking forward to waking up tomorrow afternoon and catching part two.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    (You did do a trip with Conspeedy if I remember); .
    Did someone call? Here I am.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have some great hikes coming up starting in a few weeks time, so there will be lot's of trip reports from me on my return. I will be away for a minimum 4 weeks hiking. Will not be able to upload any reports till I arrive back home.

I plan to catch up with BrucieHi5 for a hike on my way home.

Birdie, Birdie's here I come. LOL. This is a joke with BrucieHi5, He know's what I mean.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    PHillip looking forward to your installments!

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcavenagh View Post
    Thanks for that! It is nice to see the lush forests of Queensland! I can just about smell the steamy greeness.
    That’s alright, jcavenagh, you’re welcome! With all the rain, the forests are a bit too lush at the moment. It sure is nice in there though!

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Your pack size has decreased since your last jaunt in that sector.
    Ahhh yes....the waterfall wind gasp. The system does love it.
    Whoooo Buddy.....some cray tussling. Those were amazing.
    Bird bowed up at'cha.....had that happen to me.
    Good camp. Do you enjoy the hammy foot-rest?
    Mighty fine report.
    All secure in sector seven,
    Shug
    Hello, Mr. Shug! I hope you’re bursting with wellness! I’m thinking, it must be getting close to that special time of year, when the Hickery Bothers visit the great outdoors.

I’ve had my pack on a strict, no junk gear diet – it’s looking good! I keep catching it looking at itself in the pounds we walk by.

I thought I must be imagining things, but there’s a nifty name for it and all... waterfall wind gasp. Next time that happens, I’m going to spend more time gasping, to see if I can make myself explode. It’s very energizing!

I don’t think that bird liked my hat. Birds might have issues with your hat too, just a thought. I love the hammy foot rest, AND I love saying hammy, almost as much as I like saying hunker down. I stole those two words from you, hammy and hunker. And no, you can’t have them back. Thanks for taking a watch, Mr.Shug, I’m, of course, very pleased that you did!

Brucie, caught the first 10 minutes, will get the rest in tomorrow.
    All I can say is we are lucky to have you, sharing your world. Now the size of those crawfish---first thing I thought of was a large pot of boiling water!
    Another thought. You are always (seemingly) going on private jaunts (You did do a trip with Conspeedy if I remember); surely in that death defying world you live in you are letting some one know that if you dont return to look for a serpent with a gigantic swollen belly
    Loved part one. Looking forward to waking up tomorrow afternoon and catching part two.
    Ten minutes... You stopped watching halfway though the part where I’m getting attacked by a vicious, nasty, AND rotten cray! It would have been nice if you at least watched long enough to see if I got eaten or not! lol

Yes, I’ve done two trips with old Conspeedy, might do another one with him in a couple of months. About 98.3 of my jaunts are private ones and I do like to keep what I’m doing quiet. As long as the gigantic serpent spits out my good hat! Hats like that are hard to come by! Have a dream about walking behind a waterfall. Thanks for watching half of it! lol
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images

VIDEO: Bruciehi5's Big Blue Rock Lobster Adventure

Another fun TR, Brucie!! Thanks for making my morning a tad lighter! MMMMM! Boiled Crayfish with sausage, rice, and Creole seasonings! (Ssshhh! I won't tell anyone! LOL!)

I really enjoy the sheer number of waterfalls/creeks you seem to run into. Rain forests are a special place!

Thanks again! What kind of microphone/camera set-up do yo employ? The distance shots are great coupled with the remote audio!

~ SkyPainter
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Images
    Another great TR. Man those trees grow big.
    That large downed tree you had to climb under is the mother of all widow makers.
    Thanks so much for sharing your adventure.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Enjoyed your trip Brucie. Loved seeing the giant crawfish! I am with MM, breakout the boiling pot! Are those protected? I am thinking they are. Mighty fine trip. What a beautiful rainforest you got there!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Part two didn't dissapoint Brucie. Sad to see the dead land lobster, you did say it was a fresh death, fresh enough for the pot?
    Seriously old trees, I bet per LOR they have very old memories.
    Loved all the water features of this hike....if you had wanted could you have swum in some of the swimming holes?
    Good to see the hammy at the end. Poof asked if it was a Warbonnet? I'm not sure, looks Traveleresque. Now I see the foot 'rest' Shug mentioned. Couldn't quite see exactly where/what you put you feet on-just the cord? I thought it had an area that was wider for the feet.
    Greatly enjoyed the vicarious trip into the rain forest. Just beautiful Brucie and thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    Another fun TR, Brucie!! Thanks for making my morning a tad lighter! MMMMM! Boiled Crayfish with sausage, rice, and Creole seasonings! (Ssshhh! I won't tell anyone! LOL!)

I really enjoy the sheer number of waterfalls/creeks you seem to run into. Rain forests are a special place!

Thanks again! What kind of microphone/camera set-up do yo employ? The distance shots are great coupled with the remote audio!

~ SkyPainter
    You’re welcome for the tad of lighterness, SkyPainter, It’s nice to know the video was of some use to someone. The crays do look pretty eatable! I think I was even looking at at least one of them and picturing it served up hot on a plate. Next time I see one, there might be a TERRIBLE accident! lol If you don’t tell anyone, I won’t either.

That NP sure does have its share of waterfalls. If you pause the video, when the map appears (near the start and at Picnic Rock) you will be able to read the names of some of the waterfalls. Thanks for watching, SkyPainter! It was good to hear from you!

Oh, I almost forgot to answer your question...

I use an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-8600 PC with a clip on mic plugged into it. The mic came with a wireless mic system I bought a while a go called, Azden WMS Pro. The recorder is much better, but more fiddly, because the audio and video have to be synced together during editing.

The camera is a GoPro Hero 2. The sound from it is famously terrible, so the sound recorder is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Another great TR. Man those trees grow big.
    That large downed tree you had to climb under is the mother of all widow makers.
    Thanks so much for sharing your adventure.
    LOL! Yeah, a tree like that would do some serious flattening! Wouldn’t do a hammock much good either. I imagine a tree that big would come down with a heck of a bang too. You’re very welcome for the video, OutandBack!

Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    Enjoyed your trip Brucie. Loved seeing the giant crawfish! I am with MM, breakout the boiling pot! Are those protected? I am thinking they are. Mighty fine trip. What a beautiful rainforest you got there!
    Hi there richtorfla,

I’m pleased to hear/read that you enjoyed the trip report! That’s good! That makes two of use on the crab fans list. I REALLY liked seeing those crawfish too. I saw about 6 all up, but only showed two and the deadish one. I felt very lucky to see one, let alone 6! MedicineMan, SkyPainter and yourself would have a great time in there, enjoying the local cuisine. Yes, it’s a national park, everything in a national park, here in AU, is protected. So you’d all have to eat quietly! lol

Part two didn't dissapoint Brucie. Sad to see the dead land lobster, you did say it was a fresh death, fresh enough for the pot?
    Seriously old trees, I bet per LOR they have very old memories.
    Loved all the water features of this hike....if you had wanted could you have swum in some of the swimming holes?
    Good to see the hammy at the end. Poof asked if it was a Warbonnet? I'm not sure, looks Traveleresque. Now I see the foot 'rest' Shug mentioned. Couldn't quite see exactly where/what you put you feet on-just the cord? I thought it had an area that was wider for the feet.
    Greatly enjoyed the vicarious trip into the rain forest. Just beautiful Brucie and thanks for taking the time to share with us.
    Good morning MedicineMan! And you managed to get part 2 of 1 out of the way, that’s good! lol The fresh road/track kill was slowly moving one of its big claws and bubbling at the mouth. So I think it was knocking on deaths door, if not dead already. Just right for your pot, but you’ll have to share it with SkyPainter and richtorfla.

The swimming holes would be GREAT to swim in and if I was a bit tougher, I would of done just that! Some of the waterfalls would be fun to stand under too.

Yes, a Hammock Forums trip report isn’t complete without a hammock in it. That’s the only reason that hammock talk scene is in the video. You can tell Poof, she’s wrong, it's not a Warbonnet, it is in fact a Warbonnet Blackbird, which is even better. I wouldn’t mind a Traveler! I’ve got the base model foot rest, it doesn't come with the fancy, wide and comfy section for the feet to go on, just the cord – works good though! Bye for now!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast