Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I actually do not recommend that you pull the quilts super tight. Snug is the recommended term. Really cranked down can cause a couple of potential issues. First the corner loops that the quilt hangs from can only take so much stress. When the shock cord is cranked down to the point that it has little to no give left in it and you hop into your hammock there is no give left in the cord and the quilt will rip...just no place for the quilt to go. We have had this happen to 2 users in the past. We can and will repair this sort of damage but better to leave there room for the quilt to move with the hammock as you enter, exit and toss & turn during the night. The sock cord acts as point of give in the system, much like your shock absorbers on your car...if there was no give and you backed off a curb you would put all the stress someplace.

The second issue for most when you crank the quilt tight is that it will do a little less gentle hugging and more pulling. This can cause the quilt to actually pull open in different places, rather than hugging the hammock it could pull away from the hammock allowing air gaps to form. It is 100% counter intuitive but if your getting air gaps or the quilt is slipping then you should loosen the suspension and or end channels rather than tightening them. Sipping is generally caused by the quilt being pulled...to reduce the pull loosen it. When your in the hammock...and as always I recomend the use of a test buddy to help dial in the quilt....play with varrious levels of tightnes on the suspension and end channel lines. There will be a point where the quilt will Hug/Cup the hammock better...as you tighten you will start to see the quilt want to peal away from the hammock...to loose and it will just dangle there...when you hit the magic point of being just SNUG enough to hug the hammock but not distort the shape of the quilt with a user in the hammock then your there. This varies from one user to the next depending on things like body size and shape, suspension tightness of the hammock, even one hammock size or shape to the next. But once you have it dialed in for you and your hammock you will not need to do much to tweak it one trip to the next.

I am hoping to get out soon and do some more set up videos and will cover all of this visually then.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Re: Jarbidge question

These work great for my kids. Full length for them. Added some Dutch quilt hooks that work like those triangle thingies. Not having any troubles with gaps. You need to always orient the quilt the same way with those which its why I asked the question.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/SB
    Images
    Thanks for the tips! I only have been "cranking down" once I was in the hammock, but I'll definitely try to play with it some more to find the sweet spot!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12