Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    We have decided that 13 is too much. We will do the 3.5 and as someone said do some hiking without the packs. Are we doing potluck at the lake as well as Fri?
    Bob and Bev

"The measure of a life is not its duration but its donation." Corrie Ten Boom

"Life is measured not by how many breaths you take but by how many moments take your breath away." attributed to a variety of different people

I believe sat everyone is on their own.

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanna Bs View Post
    We have decided that 13 is too much. We will do the 3.5 and as someone said do some hiking without the packs. Are we doing potluck at the lake as well as Fri?
    I had that same question a week back and Caveman said pot-luck Friday only. SO, you need to bring something for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, Lunch on Saturday, dinner on Saturday and snacks.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    @sarge
    I have the cups.
    Man I don't know anything about this Friday hike you are talking about. After tomorrow night I might still be sleeping when you get there or at least taking one of many naps
    You didn't notice that Uncle Mike volunteered you and Caveman for carrying water in to the Lake on Friday instead of lolly gagging about like some teenager?

Naps are EARNED not taken.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanna Bs View Post
    Well, the 3.5 was been edited down to 1.6 after receiving a new map from Cathy Murphy.

My plans for Saturday involve getting up EARLY (and the dogs will insist on that at any rate) and hiking that distance in the coolest time of the day. Let me suggest to everybody that if you don't ant to wake up early and don't know the way (there are no trail markers and its confusing enough to take a wrong turn in two places----ask me how I know), that you take the Four Notch Trail until you get to the Forest Service Road near Mile Marker 4 (Shown as M04 in this map):

http://lonestartrail.org/maps/hires/...tch_shaded.pdf

and then head southwest until you get to the lake.

Eastex should remember the way and should be familiar with the wrong turn that took us to the bushwhacking portion of our last trip. Caveman and Spaceweaseal may be sufficiently recovered from Friday night after a mile of so of walking, but by then it might be too late-----

The short track as well as the route southwest from Four Notch shows up as a dotted red line on that map, but a link to a better map and pics of landmarks are in this post:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...03#post1043803

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    You didn't notice that Uncle Mike volunteered you and Caveman for carrying water in to the Lake on Friday instead of lolly gagging about like some teenager?

You are funny
    Let me know how all that works out......

Hammock
    WBBB DL1.1 Custom Lefty
    Tarp
    MacCat 4 season
    Insulation
    HG 0* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie hook kit
    Images
    Well I'm all set to head out bout 6 PM today. Should put me there between 10-11 tonight. Caveman requested a Dr. Pepper to be ready for him when he got to our hang, I'm requesting a Budlight when I get to this shindig....for some reason I don't think my boys will have a problem with that request!
    It's never a trip, It's always an adventure!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end tablecloth
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix 20
    Suspension
    Ready Straps
    What time are the festivities kicking off tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Well I'm all set to head out bout 6 PM today. Should put me there between 10-11 tonight. Caveman requested a Dr. Pepper to be ready for him when he got to our hang, I'm requesting a Budlight when I get to this shindig....for some reason I don't think my boys will have a problem with that request!
    We got you covered

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    If anyone wants, we can make a day hike to cache water and or other stuff on Friday. I'd be up for helping with that haul. I won't be doing the Saturday hike and it'd be an excuse to find what was previously referred to as "hidden".
    * Bold print added for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post

I've earned some naps that are overdue. Most likely I'll be catching up on some of that siesta time too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast