HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlee View Post
    Sarge,
    It is good to hear the pups are working well together on the trail I can't wait to meet lil bit.
    Yah, that Lil Bit sure is a smart one. She's at least part terrier, and I'm betting on Jack Russel. She picks up stuff easy and is eager to please. She's also a hammock sized dog for winter camping.

Scout's a great friend and a great hiking buddy, but he's 10 years old now and I think he's only good for 5 or 6 miles max wihtout causing some harm to him. I think that's why God sent me Lil Bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zort View Post
    Sarge, the base material for my diy hex was the ripstop nylon that Joann's carries. There was a 50% off coupon, and I couldn't pass it up for my first attempt.
    OK, yah. That's what I use for the Pawn Bags. I'm interested to see how it does, and Patrick's as well. I want to make a MarPat tarp to match my hammock and so far the only material I can find that is reialable is some with a PU coating on it that they make the Corps' Field Tarps out of. Its as heavy as all get out. The other stuff is some kind of DWR.

I'll bring all that fabric, along with some of ther Argon stuff that Dutch and Stormcrow are selling. Its some neat stuff and I'm planning on using it in a TQ.

I guess Patrick and I are the Yin to Caveman's Yang. We're looking at more camo, and he's trying to get more blaze orange.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)

Second Annual Texas Butt Bake>July 19-21>New Waverly, TX

I was planning on bringing camo, but I just noticed a couple is small holes in it this morning.... So, ill have safety first with me. I will be sporting the camo tadpole, so u might not even see it
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    My DIY 1.9 SL ATACS-FG WB clone
    Tarp
    DIY Sil ATACS Hex
    Insulation
    Underquilt.com FL
    Suspension
    DBL StrapCarabiner
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbers View Post

Also, I know this is the wrong thread to ask about this, but being the weather is looking to be wet on fri/sat and I DO NOT have a tarp, I figure I would just ask here since im running out of time. Will a big *** blue tarp from wallyworld work? I know they are huge and heavy, but they are pretty cheap I believe and maybe worth a one time use? Anyhow, just thought I see what kind of advice got shot back my way.
    Wal Mart or harbor freight tarps work fine, actually this will be the second hang I won't be using one. But definitely take easttx up on his offer, lighter is usually better. If you still want to try a poly tarp, just get one that will measure about 12' on the diagonal, and some tarred bank line. (8 by 10, or 7 by 9)

I will bring a Sportsmans guide gear tarp I can share for a common space, and will bring my HF poly camo tarp too, if you want to check the weight once you have it to the hanging, it's all a matter of how you rig it. I'll bring along a roll of bank line too, it makes for a "temporary" tarp rigging until you decide what works for you.

Not so sure how my DIY sil coating is working out; the fumes ran us out of the house, then the tarp ended up outside. Still out gassing in the shed, the paint thinner/silicone coating requires LOTS of drying time. The weather here is cooperating too, rain and high humidity, after hot, dry and dusty. I still think it will work.

Take it easy,
    gmcpcs
    Semper Veritas.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Super Fly & Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    It looks like we are on for this. We may be late getting in on Fri evening so leave a light on in the window. Probably between 9 and 10. If we can get off early it will be sooner. We want to take the 13 mile route but we will be taking it slow. We will start early so we make it for the evening festivities. It looks like the weather should be kind to us. We will still have sweat glistening on our bodies no doubt but perhaps it won't be such a "butt bake".
    Bob and Bev

"The measure of a life is not its duration but its donation." Corrie Ten Boom

"Life is measured not by how many breaths you take but by how many moments take your breath away." attributed to a variety of different people

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Cool. It will be good to see you again.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanna Bs View Post
    It looks like we are on for this. We may be late getting in on Fri evening so leave a light on in the window. Probably between 9 and 10. If we can get off early it will be sooner. We want to take the 13 mile route but we will be taking it slow. We will start early so we make it for the evening festivities. It looks like the weather should be kind to us. We will still have sweat glistening on our bodies no doubt but perhaps it won't be such a "butt bake".
    Just want to make sure you know that we're camping at Parking Lot #8 on Friday night, but the 13 mile route begins at Parking lot #9. You'll need two trail maps:

http://lonestartrail.org/maps/hires/...ods_shaded.pdf Starting from PL #9 and go east.

and this one that finishes up at Hidden Lake:

http://lonestartrail.org/maps/hires/...tch_shaded.pdf

On Sunday, you can probably hike back to PL#8 with us and then someone can shuttle you back to your car at PL #9

Who else is planning the 13 mile route?

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Offical Weather forecast:

Hot. And it might rain.

All services report temps at or above 90* with 30-40% T storms in the afternoons and nitght time temps in the high 60's to low 70's.

I've got the charro beans on order to pick up Friday morning. Clothing and shelter have all been immersed in a permethrin fog and I've got a stockpile of DEET in several forms. Saturday's meals and Sunday's breakfast is packed. CRL has been moved to the HH with doors. Lil Bit's pack didn't arrive today and that's a bit of a concern, but hopes are that it shows up by Thurdsay.

We got rain down here last night and it looks like its going to rain off and on all day, of course I'm a good 50 miles south of the Bake, but I think that we can expect some fresh watter will have fallen in the area by Friday. Hope its not enough to fill up that stream.

I got everything ready and remembered that did not seem seal the pullouts on the new tarp from WL. Since it's raining outside I had to do it inside. I think I am now ready for the rain.

Yall think that this will keep me dry?

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Looking good.

Remkinds me, need to put prusiks on tjhe guy lines of the Hex.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat/gheto diy
    Insulation
    pads/PLUQ
    Suspension
    diy straps

Trying to get my ducks in a row..... The realization that you are as dumb as you look is a tough pill to swallow.

• + New Posts
  • Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast