I got the NX-200 a week or so ago. I decided to go to a local camping area around Leesburg, Al. called Cherokee Rock Village. I used to go there all the time, when I was younger and man had it changed. Last night was the first night that I could try it out. Boy did I pick a good night for it. The weather was supposed to be in the 40's with little wind but overcast. Well it turned out that it ended up in the lower 30's with alot of wind and not a cloud in the sky. This was good for stargazing, but not the ideal conditions for a newb with a new hammock, luckily I was in an area that had easy acess to the campsites. It was a late start, had to work until 3 pm. I got everything setup with about thirty minutes to gather firewood for the firepit and get it lit before it got dark. Had dinner by the fire and looked and the clear sky for several hours in the peace and quiet, I had forgotten how beautiful they can be from the top of this ridge I was on. After talking with the campers next to me for an hour or so I decided to turn in for the night.

Here is where the newb moves came into play. I had the hammock up but I did not try it out before it was dark and I was on my way to sleep. I sat down and bump there was the ground. This led to adjusting the height of my hammock in a 10 mile an hour crosswind in upper 30 temps. Needless to say I was not happy about this. I finally got everything adjusted, bedding set-up, extra insulation in the pockets and settled in to a night of gentle swaying and trying to read myself to sleep. I will actually admit that this was very comfortable right up until my backside got cold, took about and hour. It was not to cold but I could feel it creeping up!!!! Pulled out the poly mummy bag liner and placed it under the old back side. This did the trick.

At 1 am I was awakened by the call of nature, roaring four wheelers, the giggling couple in the other campsite and a rather cold set of toes. Answered the call, pulled out the earplugs and pulled out the extra covers (my jackets outer shell). I read a little more and before I knew it 9:30 am had rolled around and I was actually head sweating a little bit. I slept so soundly that I woke up like I had been on a three day bender!!!!!!!

For a first night I think I did ok. I made it all the way through the night, warm and not hammock-sick. I got camp pulled up and I cant wait until next saturday so I can try this out again........I now am officially a hammock addict and will be bringing my daughter into this wonderful experience later in the spring.