My wife's tried out my Hennessy Expedition A-Sym and she likes it and wants to go ahead and give hammocking a try in the weeks to come.
We've been looking at various models and one of the ones we're considering for her use is the Hennessy Scout (with zipper). She's 5'5" and between 120-125 lbs, which should make the Scout a good size for her, but I have a few specific questions about it and am wondering what the benefits and differences are from the standpoint of comfort and practicality when it comes to the Scout vs the Exped A-Sym.
The description says that the Scout is their "original non-asymetrical model with updated features." I'm not sure what this means.
1) Does it mean it's not well-suited for a diagonal lay?
2) As the tarp's not asymetrical, does it offer less coverage than the Exped A-sym?
I can see from the specs that the Scout's a bit smaller with a lighter weight rating but, despite that, it's pack weight and size are actually greater (by a bit) than the Exped A-Sym.
3) Is there some difference in the quality of the fabric, stitching, mesh or zipper?
4) I'd especially appreciate any input about the comfort and lay of the Scout from anyone who has used both the Scout and the Exped A-Sym.
5) Are there any practical issues or limitations about using the Scout?
Any feedback or opinions are appreciated.