Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images

One night Indiana (western Ohio) hang...Last of Feb... Strings attached

I am planning on being in central Indaina (New Castle) Thursday night Feb 26- Saturday noon Feb 28. I have a long drive back to PA so I would just as soon wait until Sunday to start back.

Now here is the string that is attached. Flamingo will be with me and is not going to want to hang. So she would need a warm place to crash for the night. Can we work anything out? I would like to have a chance to meet my midwestern hanger friends. Particularly if my SS gets here by then.

I am not interested in a major hike. I'll have to bug out early Sunday morning.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Sorry, likely I am too far south / out of the way.
    I is in Western Cincinnati.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    It was early when I wrote that so let me clarify some things. While it would be great to have a members house for flamingo to crash at, that is not required. She is checking her own contact resources to see if something available. Worst comes to worst... a cheap motel would be fine as we'd have to find overnight lodgings somewhere if we started home Sat afternoon. So if you are will to travel a bit to meet me, I am willing to travel a bit to meet you and we'll just stash flamingo where no harm can come to her...

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    BB,HH, DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    MacCat, JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB underquilt
    Images
    Ramblinrev:

I live about 30 miles north of New Castle, IN (in Hartford City). The only ... problem ... I live in a small apartment (with my wife and two dogs!). I plan on building a new home this summer on 15 acres near Upland, Indiana. If you come back next year, I will have plenty of room. Give Mule an email ... he lives in Kokomo (about 35 miles east of my house).

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Ok... let me rephrase this....

Is there a park/area in the central Indiana/westen Ohio where hangers could/would get together for a night that has a convenient crash site for a non-hanger? As long as it's not the Bate's Motel it would probably fit the bill.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Ok... let me rephrase this....

Is there a park/area in the central Indiana/westen Ohio where hangers could/would get together for a night that has a convenient crash site for a non-hanger? As long as it's not the Bate's Motel it would probably fit the bill.
    RR,

I am way north, near South Bend, otherwise you could hang in our woods with me, and your wife would be more than welcome in our spare bedroom. I am guessing you will want to head east further south though. There are a number of parks in that area, though I don't know what regulations they have related to hanging.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Avoiding I-80/I-90 as much as possible is very high on my agenda. I hate that road. In PA it is well known as one of the most dangerous roads there is in the winter. Thanks for the offer.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I don't want to jump the gun and would still like to get together with folks from that neck of the woods. But I am having a whole lot of trouble finding out where the State Forests are in Indiana. I can't seem to find a map which locates them in the state so I can't even say... Hey.. how bout we get together at.....

I guess we'll just head back home Saturday afternoon and forget the hanging unless somebody comes up with a plan. I'm easy... But I'm having trouble doing any of the organizing for this cause I don't know the area at all.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    I don't want to jump the gun and would still like to get together with folks from that neck of the woods. But I am having a whole lot of trouble finding out where the State Forests are in Indiana. I can't seem to find a map which locates them in the state so I can't even say... Hey.. how bout we get together at.....

I guess we'll just head back home Saturday afternoon and forget the hanging unless somebody comes up with a plan. I'm easy... But I'm having trouble doing any of the organizing for this cause I don't know the area at all.
    Wish I could meet up with you but I'm already committed that weekend.
    I live south of Indy...south of me is where I go camping. Hoosier National forest is about 2 hours south of New Castle (and opposite of where you are going) but you can hang anywhere you stop...plenty of motels between New Castle and HNF to pick from. Charles Deam Wilderness area is by Bloomington. Like I said, about 2 hours away from New Castle
    As far as camping goes east of Indy...no idea. I don't think I have ever camped out that way. Again, Mule is your best bet for info over there, I'm sure he will chime in.
    State Parks are iffy at best, but here is a link
    Plenty of time to figure it all out...almost 2 weeks!
    Last edited by animalcontrol; 02-16-2009 at 14:14.
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    iI am looking to get back into a pulpit ministry after several years in parachurch work. I'll be out there for a concentrated session of interviews with church search committees. Eight interviews scheduled on Friday and potentially two on Saturday morning. My poor brain is going to be fried.... I could use some good company and relaxation that evening. Flamingo is along as an extra driver and moral support but we have a tendancy to get on each others nerves locked up in a car for ten hours after a very stressful period of time. hehehe.

Anyway.... that's what's going on and why I am there. I know there is plenty of time. I'm just anxious and frustrated at the importance of this event and the state not having maps with arrows saying "Hang here" is not helpful.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast