Hammock
    GrizzBridge Clone
    Suspension
    Straps / cinches

Where can I buy a GrizzBridge?

Hey Everyone!

People call me Toes.

I'm finally looking to get out of my tent and off the ground.
    In my research and testing out different hammocks, I came across the GrizzBridge and it looks more or less perfect for me.

But how does one get one of these? I can't find them anywhere!

Thanks!

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Welcome to Hammock Forums!

The GrizzBridge(s) were custom, built to order bridge hammocks made by member GrizzlyAdams. He didn't have a shop or full fledged cottage industry, instead he made a few here and there on a case by case basis for a few lucky folks.

At this time, I don't think he's taking any more requests (last I heard) - but the only real way to find out is to shoot him a PM. Or perhaps he'll see this thread and give a response.

If you're at all DIY inclined, he put up a series of rediculously detailed videos on how to make one - so you could go that route. But it's not necessarily the easiest project to undertake if you're not experienced with that kind of thing. Otherwise Jacks R Better makes the Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock, and Warbonnet makes the Ridge Runner - pretty much the only two bridge hammocks that come to mind being offered by the cottage gear makers you'll find around these parts. Both have fans a plenty here on the forums, so you can't go wrong with either.

Good luck!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Clone
    Suspension
    Straps / cinches
    I did see the videos.
    And while they were totally awesome, I not very DIY inclined. Especially with something like this which I've never attempted before.

Thanks for the info! I'll shoot him a PM and see what's up.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    Maybe an alternative is to find someone you know who can sew and beg/plead/bribe them into doing it for you!!

Who knows, by the time they're finished you might have a new hanging companion!!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    stick my name on the subject line and I'm likely to see it.

I'm not making these to order, takes me a month snatching an hour here and and a half hour there to pull one together with the current demands on me by job and family. Each one is an experiment, trying this idea, or trying that one. I do it to relax some.

Could be someday some gear maker would offer a bridge hammock inspired by, if not based on my work. There's a place in the market for a truly lightweight bridge hammock. But that gear maker won't be me.

I appreciate the interest though!

cheers
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post

I'm not making these to order, takes me a month snatching an hour here and and a half hour there to pull one together with the current demands on me by job and family. Each one is an experiment, trying this idea, or trying that one. I do it to relax some.

Could be someday some gear maker would offer a bridge hammock inspired by, if not based on my work. There's a place in the market for a truly lightweight bridge hammock. But that gear maker won't be me.

cheers
    Response straight from the source, nice!

I'll put in a plug for the Warbonnet RidgeRunner. Not as light as the GrizzBridge, but OOOOO so comfy. I highly recommend it. And, if you go that route, you really need to consider the Warbonnet Lynx UQ, which is made specifically to go with the RidgeRunner. The two are truly a match made in heaven. The UQ is so set-it-and-forget-it on the hammock that I'll sometimes use the hammock just for that reason, including backpacking with it (the extra weight is worth it).
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Clone
    Suspension
    Straps / cinches
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post

cheers
    Thanks, Grizz!

I appreciate the reply.
    Shame you're not making them, but I totally understand why not.

And thanks to everyone for the other suggestions!

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I think Angry Sparrow may have one that he has lent out quite a few times for people to try. Who knows? He might even be willing to part with it. I could be all wrong about this, but give him a shout. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I tried it at Mt. Rogers a couple of years ago - smaller than a Eureka Chrysalis or BMBH, but comfortable. If you get to MAHHA in PA next week I can let you try BER's Cloud Bridge. You should try a bunch of different bridges - that's the most effective way to research.

• + New Posts