What's next? The great diy explores have moved the legs beyond the foot end spreader bar and the head is just beyond the head spreader bar so the shoulders rest at the widest point. The bars are wide for comfort, the bugnet is open and easy to build. Making light weight suspension has shown you can have a very light hammock. And now side pockets have made the bridge very convienant. As important, various experiments have shown what not to do and what doesn't seem to make a difference.

What's the next thing? Is it darting the hammock body? Is it someone making a Cuben bridge? Is it figuring how to intergrate the trap into the hamkock so smaller tarps can be used and still get good coverage and weather protection?

I know that tarps for bridge hammocks are large if you want good weather protection. What if a tarp was made with two different sides? One side would function as a normal tarp while the other would be more like a hammock sock and fit around the ends and the other side? That means you could only enter and exit from one side. I imagine you could use less fabric and can incorporate the suspension triangle in attaching the tarp to the hammock. I'll draw some pictures up in the next few days. Any thoughts? If you don't think it would work please provide why you think that.