Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equipm
    Suspension
    Dutchware SpiderPo

SLD Catch-All or Bishop Bag

Curious about Simply Light Designs Hammock / Quilt Catch-All and bishop bags sold by other brands. Seems like a convenient way to carry my hammock and quilts all together for easy deployment. Does anyone have any experience with these? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equipm
    Suspension
    Dutchware SpiderPo

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    I have the Catch-All sack, and use it nearly every time I use the hammock. I have hammock hooks in my screen porch, and I put together the hammock, pillow, and quilts; the sack fits it all, and I can just stuff it into my pack, duffel, or whatever. I got the kind with a strip of netting, so it doesn’t hold air when you compress it. I’ve also used it to move locations in a storm without soaking my quilts — it’s not waterproof, but it’s a little resistant, anyway. It works well with both my gathered-end hammocks and my Ridge Runner. I also have a big dry bag that the whole thing will go in if I’m worried about it getting wet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    I use SLD's Catch All & can easily store my quilts & the hammock stuffed into my backpack. Since everything's already integrated, it's quickly deployed without too much fuss once in camp.

No experience with a bishop bag setup.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I go with a BlackBishop Bag as I learned about them way back on this site in 2007. Black Bishop was a member.
    http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGe...bishopSack.php
    Easy to store items in it as you hang.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    LLG,WB
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch
    Images
    I’ve been eyeing up these for a while. Kind of a combo catch-all/bishop bag.

https://www.trailheadzhammocks.com/p...ntainment-unit

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    WB DB, LL Habanero
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use an SLD catch-all. I dont take it all of the time. If im only out for a day or two I leave it behind. But on longer trips it speeds up the setup and take down for sure.

Only real downside is that it doesnt compress things as much, so pack volume can be a bit of an issue, but usually I can just shove stuff all around it just fine still.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    As far as terms go, I understand a double-ended stuff sack can be opened the same amount on each end. A bishop bag, while still having an opening at both ends, uses one end for just the exit of a continuous loop and can't be expanded like the other "stuff in here" open end. Most of my hammock bags are DESS. I have one bishop bag that works well. After the hammock is suspended, one extra use is pulling the bishop bag sort of inside out so that it can then wrangle any extra suspension line - making your setup tidier.

As far as "slug" bags - bags designed to hold the whole kit and caboodle - they come in handy at sites where you may want to stow your setup during the day. For example, I may setup my hammack/quilts, then pull a slug bag over all of it, disconnect from the tree, and stow it all in an adventure partner's tent. In the evening, at dark, I just have to take the slug bag back to my area, reconnect the suspension to the trees, pull back the slug bag and I'm ready to go - because all the suspension adjustments have already been made.

But in a backpack or kayak hatch, it might be better/convenient to keep some thing separate. I treasure my quilts and don't co-mingle them with other stored gear. They get their own compression drybag.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equipm
    Suspension
    Dutchware SpiderPo
    Thanks for all the comments. I couldn’t decide on which, so I decided to play with both, the net version of the Catch-All to pair with the bishop bag SLD also makes. I use a net snakeskin and a silpoly bag for my tarp, so it’s a set up I’m already kinda familiar with. Just don’t know how it will translate to a little bit larger volume of a hammock, UQ & TQ. I’ll report back on my experience once I get them and have time to give them a whirl.

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    I use both a waterproof Catch-all and a double ended stuff sack. Of course my hammock use is different from a overnighting backpacker. I live in mine day after day.
    I use the Catch-all to cover my hammock and quilts during the day. At night I pull the Catch-all off and it goes into the DE stuff sack which stays on the suspension line. That keeps the Catch-all from sliding down onto the hammock while I'm using it.
    It's also handy if I want to toss my sleeping hammock and quilts in the vehicle during the day and put up a day use hammock.

IMG_20230509_094502639.jpgIMG_20230930_103644934_HDR.jpgIMG_20230830_120510639_HDR.jpg

"Sent w/o me knowing"

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast