Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images

Hennessy fit

what will I need to do special to get my diy UQ to work on my HH explorer delux. Also will it work with the SS system I only have the UC&OCF not the top cover, and I don't think I will ever need it.

Oh.. one more thing I want to do a lazy slug for this setup. so bow big should the slug be...

thanks
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    BUMP. I really need help on this

Hammock
    DIY Bridge/HHEXUL
    Tarp
    Varies by weather
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    It would be helpful to have a bit more info on your DIY UQ, such as size, attachment arrangement, etc. Photos would also help.
    "only the paranoid survive" - Andy Grove, Intel

Search engines are your friend. Use "Site:hammockforums.net" in your search string.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    "BUMP. I really need help on this"

I've been seeing this sort of thing after only a half day on the forum for several threads. Have a little patients! Not all of us spend 24 hours a day on Hammock Forums! Let at least a day or two before you demand responses. It would also help if you tried using fewer abbreviations in your questions. I don't know what your asking so can't really answer your questions and I bet there are quite a few other people who have the same problem.

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    [QUOTE= Also will it work with the SS system I only have the UC&OCF not the top cover, and I don't think I will ever need it.

I have the same hammock. I just made my UQ, fixed it up with some Dutchware. No big deal, just fixed it so it stayed put without gaps when I am in the hammock.

I use the top cover frequently, it added the extra warmth I need. In March we did a Hang in Washington State, just accross the bay from Vancouver B.C. it was cool around 45 F. I did just fin with the stock SS. I did not need my UQ. I am starting to us the top cover even when it is in the 50s. It seems to add that little bit extra I need to keep the chill off.

Give yourself a couple of days to get some useful information. Many members come and go. I always get the information I need, however it is not an instant answer. Kind of a trickle in of information. But then I am not one of the knowledgeable posters either.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Supershelter, MSS
    This is mine at 28 deg last weekend. I have the same setup as you, but supplemented with a doubled over fleece blanket and 1/2 length ccf pad between the uc and ocf. With my MSS intermediate bag as a tq, I was very toasty.

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    thanks to all that where helpful I was really just wondering if I needed to add tabs to the sides for the pull outs on the hammock body

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bear bag hanger View Post
    "BUMP. I really need help on this"

I've been seeing this sort of thing after only a half day on the forum for several threads. Have a little patients! Not all of us spend 24 hours a day on Hammock Forums! Let at least a day or two before you demand responses. It would also help if you tried using fewer abbreviations in your questions. I don't know what your asking so can't really answer your questions and I bet there are quite a few other people who have the same problem.
    I'm sorry you have been seeing people bump after only a short time. The only reason I did is because I know how quickly a thread can get buried. I do have patients / also I do not spend 24hr (hours) on the forum either. As for the abbreviations their is a GLOSSERY for everyone to read so they understand the lingo of the forum. I figured someone that has been a member since 2007 would know most of them. I'm sorry if this seems a little rude but I feel your reply was rude aswell

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Would you be ok with not using the tie-outs? Cuz if so then I would imagine you could set it up the same way that you would with most other hammocks. I have yet to make my own UQ so my knowledge is limited but would be willing to brainstorm abit and see what we could figure out.

As for the slug. I would recommend starting with 40" of fabric. Drape it over the ridge line and pin it up in a tube until you are satisfied with its circumference. You can just toss all the contents that you plan to leave inside the slug, laying in the hammock and take a piece of cordage and wrap in a spiral pattern from end to end to hold the hammock bunched up against the ridge line while you pin up the slug. If you plan on leaving your TQ and UQ inside the slug then I would make one end of the slug slightly larger than the other for ease of use. Don't forget to add few inches to each end for expansion and end channels. I already made that mistake once with my hammock sock.

Anyways, hope everything works out ok..Can't wait to see the finished product.

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XTrekker View Post
    Would you be ok with not using the tie-outs? Cuz if so then I would imagine you could set it up the same way that you would with most other hammocks. I have yet to make my own UQ so my knowledge is limited but would be willing to brainstorm abit and see what we could figure out.

As for the slug. I would recommend starting with 40" of fabric. Drape it over the ridge line and pin it up in a tube until you are satisfied with its circumference. You can just toss all the contents that you plan to leave inside the slug, laying in the hammock and take a piece of cordage and wrap in a spiral pattern from end to end to hold the hammock bunched up against the ridge line while you pin up the slug. If you plan on leaving your TQ and UQ inside the slug then I would make one end of the slug slightly larger than the other for ease of use. Don't forget to add few inches to each end for expansion and end channels. I already made that mistake once with my hammock sock.

Anyways, hope everything works out ok..Can't wait to see the finished product.
    I prefer to use the tie outs so ill just figure something out on that
    that's a good idea for the slug ill try that this eavening

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast