Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    CCF pad, PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Would the folks recommending the flamethrowers comment on whether it is an appropriate underquilt for midrange temps like 40s to 60s?

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonBeach View Post
    Initially I thought a full would be best because I liked the idea of being totally encapsulated and I really don't want to deal with foot pads.
    i think it's up to preference at this point... Some folks will use the removable pads from inside there UL backpacks, then use the same pad as a sitting pad, then move it to the hammock for their feet. Others will get down booties. All of this is to shed weight in the pack by using one item for many purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ttilberg View Post
    Would the folks recommending the flamethrowers comment on whether it is an appropriate underquilt for midrange temps like 40s to 60s?
    http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/f...ower-gear.html

"The Flame Thrower Under Quilt--- 9oz of 800 fill goose down in a 40"x54" differentially cut body. This quilt is taking most users easily to 30 degrees and some even lower. So far we have heard of one user hitting 19 and they said they were toasty. Built to be warm, we stuff each of the 8 differential baffles with just over an ounce of down each. "

yup..maybe even a little over kill for the mid-ranges. but you can vent them by toying with the suspension
    Last edited by toygun; 05-06-2013 at 11:00.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by toygun View Post
    http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/f...ower-gear.html

"The Flame Thrower Under Quilt--- 9oz of 800 fill goose down in a 40"x54" differentially cut body. This quilt is taking most users easily to 30 degrees and some even lower. So far we have heard of one user hitting 19 and they said they were toasty. Built to be warm, we stuff each of the 8 differential baffles with just over an ounce of down each. "

yup..maybe even a little over kill for the mid-ranges.

Of course it can be vented just like any other quilt. I have used a FlameThrower from the 20's to the 50's....we almost never have warmer nights than that.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    The Climashield -based UQs from AHE work well. Only you know whether you are likely to spend time in fog so thick and long lasting that fabrics exposed to air become wet. The durable water repellent (DWR) finish of most nylon fabric should be sufficient to keep the contents dry. (I've motorcycle-camped on the coast, and been miserable wearing cotton, which became and remained damp.)

I've used down filled UQs, most every night since October in the Willamette Valley, and been as happy as people generally are with their down filled UQs.

Last thing: With temps like you mention: Think a partial UQ to save money and bulk. Been fine for me.

Leighlo is having a going out of business sale on all of her quilts. Nobody here has ever had anything but ++ for the design and execution, and I've been pleased with mine.

http://www.hammockquilts.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12