Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks again, everyone. I just had an idea. I like my stand, and i like being able to easily move the hammock to another room, but it's probably not long enough to accommodate a 13' hammock since it only spans about 9 feet. But...the stand is made of steel pipe and is in five pieces. I'm not handy by any stretch, but the bottom piece that connects to the legs is just a straight pipe. It seems like if I just got a longer pipe, that would make it possible to put that larger hammock on. The pipe is supposed to be attached to the legs with bolts, but I didn't use them during my initial setup and the thing felt stable.
    Does that make sense?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Suspension
    cinch bugs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erratica_1 View Post
    Thanks again, everyone. I just had an idea. I like my stand, and i like being able to easily move the hammock to another room, but it's probably not long enough to accommodate a 13' hammock since it only spans about 9 feet. But...the stand is made of steel pipe and is in five pieces. I'm not handy by any stretch, but the bottom piece that connects to the legs is just a straight pipe. It seems like if I just got a longer pipe, that would make it possible to put that larger hammock on. The pipe is supposed to be attached to the legs with bolts, but I didn't use them during my initial setup and the thing felt stable.
    Does that make sense?
    Yup. If all it takes a a longer piece of pipe, I'd say go for it. Just make sure if you're drilling holes for new bolts that you drill everything square. If not, you'll get one half of your stand level on the floor while the other one tries to wobble.

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I use wall stubs and a BIAS camper xl and the best thing is that it will take up almost zero space when balled up in a bag. Leaving a whole room for other uses all day and a great sleep everynight.
    Carpe noctem!!

These are great leads. I just did some math and realized my great idea to mod my stand probably isn't going to work b/c of the hang height needed. This is frustrating and fascinating all at the same time

Hammock
    HH-BULA, ENO SN
    Tarp
    BlueCat, GI Poncho
    Insulation
    Ridgerest+Down Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Straps
    Images
    My permanent indoor hang is based on a short piece of 2x4 mounted horizontally on each end, screwed into 2-3 studs with long drywall screws. Actual mount points are cheap harbor freight tie down rings.

Put the boards on the wall and you can experiment with puttin the rings at different spots without tearing up the wall.

Last edited by HayJay; 04-28-2013 at 13:35.

Thanks for the wall mounting info. I just ordered this hammock, which might fit on my stand. If not, wall mount it is!
    http://www.hammocks.com/hammocks/han...lticolored.cfm

Hammock
    Sheltowee 'Jemima'
    Tarp
    JacksRBetter HUGE
    Insulation
    Burrow/integrated
    Suspension
    of course!
    Images
    Our hammock-hanging set-up in our bedroom. Only one hammock for now, will add the second one when it's finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Real Freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization. ~ Charles Lindbergh

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Suspension
    cinch bugs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    Our hammock-hanging set-up in our bedroom. Only one hammock for now, will add the second one when it's finished.
    How very classy!

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Stock asym and Hex
    Insulation
    None for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Full timers, what do you guys use?

Not a full-time hanger, but I have the exact same setup you have. Consider keeping it and just changing the hammock to something different. I used the stand last week in my backyard with my Hennessy Expd Asym. Other hammocks will work with the stand.

Just another thing to consider.

Hi again! The replacement hammock I ordered didn't really work with the stand. (I had it on the most stretched-out settings I could b/c the stand is only 9' wide, but when I got in it, I was only about six inches off the ground.) I just sent the stand back and am considering wall mounting. I have discovered that my studs are 1 x 3s. I still have to figure out how far apart they are (mobile homes can be different, I understand), but I'm wondering if those studs would be strong enough. I mean, I'm tiny, but still .

I guess I could just hang the thing and see what happens. If the walls fall apart, then the studs are too small

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast