I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    FishinFinn ... you are a deep well! That is brilliant prose.
    You touched me with that.
    I keep replaying the trip in my head .... so fast it went.
    It had the intensity of a shooting star and ended just as poignantly.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Much thought was put into that and it was just beautiful.
    Actually, I wrote it in 5 minutes while I was half listening to my boss talking to me about some work drudgery, and trying not to let him see me do it.
    Thank you for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    "was not enough, never enough
    but will suffice until the next one."

which cant some soon enough....
    100% agree. I'm in for the 3rd week in October for another in that other location, if the people who suggested the date to me are still in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    FishinFinn ... you are a deep well! That is brilliant prose.
    You touched me with that.
    I keep replaying the trip in my head .... so fast it went.
    It had the intensity of a shooting star and ended just as poignantly.
    Shug, your approval is a touch of mortar to this broken well.
    That shooting star has burned me deeply, in more ways than one; it is more painful than I ever thought it would be to make new friends. Only because I miss the trip and all of you so much. Complete opposite of my daily life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Great peom FF

I loved the food we had, but I coldn't wait to make pasties. I have a hike this weekend and made some extras for my fellow campers. i cannot think of one part that of that hang that wasn't a complete success.
    Dutch, thanks for the compliment on the poem. Those pasties are great camping food, and I'm glad sarah made them. I just wish we had known they were already cooked when we "toasted" them.

Unfortunately, I think I may have created one failure all by myself and my over-enthusiastic ranting. I apologize for that, but my words are faster than my brain at times. When you try to live in your heart, you sometimes forget that other people may not understand the perspective.
    Last edited by fin; 06-18-2009 at 18:28.

Hammock
    BIAS
    Tarp
    Hammockgear cuban
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Hi found the site and wanted to say that you to all the guys and gals for showing me around and introducing me to the hammocks. It was interesting learning about all the different hammocks out there.
    I believe I'm converted. It was just fortunate that we set up in that campground. It was nice meeting all of you.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipen View Post
    Hi found the site and wanted to say that you to all the guys and gals for showing me around and introducing me to the hammocks. It was interesting learning about all the different hammocks out there.
    I believe I'm converted. It was just fortunate that we set up in that campground. It was nice meeting all of you.
    We are always glad to create another convert. Hope to see you at another hang.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    welcome!
    your daughter had the BEST laugh I've heard in a long time! Children laughing always does my heart some good!
    next hang, your the leader!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Hey it is checkn'itoutdude. You are also in the video
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Welcome, Snipen! I see you found a trail name more suitable to shug's sensibilities! I think we are going to have to have more WI hangs - we have no shortage of trees, beautiful trails, liberal hanging and camping laws in the forests and friendly people to share time with while you're out there.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    liberal hanging.
    FF,

I am so glad to know you don't hang liberals in Wisconsin. I would be a dead man and 90% of the population of Madison would be history.

I am so glad you found some rejuvenation. There is nothing like out of doors to do that. I am spending 10 days out the first of July. Can't wait.

You all found the best of the best, the natural world and some great companionship.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    FF,

I am so glad to know you don't hang liberals in Wisconsin. I would be a dead man and 90% of the population of Madison would be history.

I am so glad you found some rejuvenation. There is nothing like out of doors to do that. I am spending 10 days out the first of July. Can't wait.

You all found the best of the best, the natural world and some great companionship.
    Liberal hanging laws. We only hang hammocks and bear bags in Wisconsin at the moment.

I found some rejuvenation alright, but it made me crave what I have been burying in my life. Time to start writing again, I think.

The best of the best were the people on this trip - you can't have enough friends in life, especially ones who share even a portion of your passions. Then again, I have enough passion to compensate for any size group.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL 1.1 Marpat camo
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    I found some rejuvenation alright, but it made me crave what I have been burying in my life. Time to start writing again, I think.
    For many years I followed the advice from "The Artist's Way" and did Morning Pages every day:

http://www.theartistsway.com/

Its amazing what a difference writing 3 pages/day on a consistent basis will do. Great book BTW, if you haven't read it. Its not just for artists in the classic sense, the book is for anyone wanting to rekindle their creative fire.

Go for it. You have talent, tons of energy, and motivation. And, the timing seems to be right for you from what I can tell.

--Kurt

• + New Posts
  • Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast