Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG CF W/ doors
    Insulation
    EE above and below
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hook

Post your ultralight hammock setups!

I'm ready to dive into the UL arena, been doing a lot of research, hoping to get some tips on where to shave weight on my setup and looking for inspiration to design my own setup for what I need.

Also, do you have multiple pieces you interchange, or is your setup a "jack of all trades"?
    Hammock Gear List: https://lighterpack.com/r/cwjf0g

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Just purchased a GT Nano7 with Dream Hammock buck sock and winter sock off the forum. Believe it is right around th 12oz mark. Not sure as it is still in transit.

Will stick with my Superfly as the 20oz weight is worth it to me for the huge coverage. Otherwise I could use a HH expedition diamond fly...about 8 - 10oz.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I'm out

Images
    if you're going ultra-lite i would think your hammock and tarp with suspensions would be 16 oz. or less.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    if you're going ultra-lite i would think your hammock and tarp with suspensions would be 16 oz. or less.
    Hammock,Tarp, and Suspension under 16oz? I'd consider that SUL not UL...but thats just me..

Where is Yoda when ya need him...He has a nice Setup

Quote Originally Posted by XTrekker View Post
    Where is Yoda when ya need him...He has a nice Setup
    You rang.......

FWIW

I have a custom netless hammock made out of 1.0 rs with suspension weighing in at 7.7oz (I am working on making a lighter one which should weigh around 6oz or so, but I am still trying to figure out the design that works for me)

My bug sock weighs 2oz (if I wanted to take it with the netless hammock)

Netted (zippered attached net) hammock is a Darien UL with suspension comes in at 11.8oz, although I will be switching out the ridgeline cord before my next outing so it will be a little lighter than it is now. I am partial to this hammock over my netless as I find it slightly more comfortable. And having the zipper on the bug net it much easier than the sock when that 2-3am morning call happens.

Suspension is Dynaglide UCR's following Sgt.Rocks Mule Tape UCR suspension thread.

For a 3 season tarp I have my HG Cuben Hex with lines and skins weighs around 6oz (could drop a little weight if I left the skins home, and used a lighter ridgeline cord) I also need to trim my ridgeline tie outs as they are a little too long so that will drop some weight as well.

I hope to have a Cuben Diamond with an estimated weight around 4oz, but I am not holding my breath that that purchase gets approved by the boss.

My winter tarp (doors on both ends) for hiking is still a work in progress, but I hope to have it around 8oz. This will be my Hex coupled with two cuben grizz beaks.

I also have a Cuben 10x8.5 tarp that weighs 8.1oz (lines and skins included), that I usually take out in the colder temps as I can close the ends a little.

So I guess you could say I have a setup that weighs less than a pound (15.7oz) thats hammock, net, and tarp.

So far I like what I have, but I am always looking for ways to lighten my load yet still keep it functional, so far so good. But I am sure, well actually I have no doubt that someone else has a lighter system than I do.

Hope this helps.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

not the lightest, but light enough

Light enough:

BIAS WWM, DynaGlide whoopies, 48" tree straps, cuben tarp, cottage made top quilt

Tewa or Leigh Lo UQ, depending on temperature foredcast

Banned
    Hammock
    warbonnet BB, dream hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    You rang.......

FWIW

I have a custom netless hammock made out of 1.0 rs with suspension weighing in at 7.7oz (I am working on making a lighter one which should weigh around 6oz or so, but I am still trying to figure out the design that works for me)

My bug sock weighs 2oz (if I wanted to take it with the netless hammock)

Netted (zippered attached net) hammock is a Darien UL with suspension comes in at 11.8oz, although I will be switching out the ridgeline cord before my next outing so it will be a little lighter than it is now. I am partial to this hammock over my netless as I find it slightly more comfortable. And having the zipper on the bug net it much easier than the sock when that 2-3am morning call happens.

Suspension is Dynaglide UCR's following Sgt.Rocks Mule Tape UCR suspension thread.

For a 3 season tarp I have my HG Cuben Hex with lines and skins weighs around 6oz (could drop a little weight if I left the skins home, and used a lighter ridgeline cord) I also need to trim my ridgeline tie outs as they are a little too long so that will drop some weight as well.

I hope to have a Cuben Diamond with an estimated weight around 4oz, but I am not holding my breath that that purchase gets approved by the boss.

My winter tarp (doors on both ends) for hiking is still a work in progress, but I hope to have it around 8oz. This will be my Hex coupled with two cuben grizz beaks.

I also have a Cuben 10x8.5 tarp that weighs 8.1oz (lines and skins included), that I usually take out in the colder temps as I can close the ends a little.

So I guess you could say I have a setup that weighs less than a pound (15.7oz) thats hammock, net, and tarp.

So far I like what I have, but I am always looking for ways to lighten my load yet still keep it functional, so far so good. But I am sure, well actually I have no doubt that someone else has a lighter system than I do.

Hope this helps.
    I would like to see the challenge of a lighter set up. my hammock, suspension and tarp are well over 2 pounds so you have me beat by a mile or ten

Hammock
    Happy-Medium UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revolt 30·
    Suspension
    Myerstech Becket
    I am currently using a GT Nano-7 with UCRs from Dutch. The hammock itself weighs 4.84 oz. and the suspension is 3.39 oz. for a total weight of 8.23 oz.

I'm using one of the original zpack hammock tarps with the whoopiesling ridgeline/guylines and skins totaling 8.24 oz.

I picked up a BIAS bug net, but will be making a tulle net from Papa Smurf's design when I get some extra time.

Yoda,

What is your Darien UL setup e.g. how'd you get it to 11.4 oz? It specs out at 13.4 on the site.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sethmcalister View Post
    I am currently using a GT Nano-7 with UCRs from Dutch. The hammock itself weighs 4.84 oz. and the suspension is 3.39 oz. for a total weight of 8.23 oz.

I'm using one of the original zpack hammock tarps with the whoopiesling ridgeline/guylines and skins totaling 8.24 oz.

I picked up a BIAS bug net, but will be making a tulle net from Papa Smurf's design when I get some extra time.

Yoda,

What is your Darien UL setup e.g. how'd you get it to 11.4 oz? It specs out at 13.4 on the site.
    He removed the logo tag...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast