Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Different for me. Forum name is based on what everyone says... You are "1 2 try Something" and my trail name is "Organizer" - you could say I pack my stuff with a tad bit of OCD.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Forum name is from my gaming background, trail name (Radar) was bestowed upon me atop Shortoff Mountain last year when Muttly and L.D. Cakes decided that I knew where to find most anything one would need.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Breyman scout 1.9 DL, WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    DIY 144 x 120 1.1
    Insulation
    PLUQ & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    you could say I pack my stuff with a tad bit of OCD.
    Well that's better than being CDO...that's the same as OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order...as they should be.
    "As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. For the Lord your God moves about in your camp..." Deuteronomy 23: 13,14

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    My name came from driving a Subaru Baja. No trail name as of yet. I know one will come from those crazy SC hangers, at one of our local hangs.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    DIY gathered end hammock
    Suspension
    Straps and whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I personally feel that your trail name should find you, rather than picking your own.
    I agree. My wife gave me the trail name of "Speedy Gonzolas" because it was accurate going downhill and humorous going uphill. That got changed to "SpeedyG" since my first name is Greg and then shortened further to just "Speedy". As I'm getting in better shape the name is becoming less ironic.

Lately it's become "Chef" because I tend to cook quite a bit on the trail and I almost never use freeze dried foods. I dehydrate a lot of my own food as well. For example, this weekend I'm going out with some friends for an overnight 20 miler. For lunch I'm taking the noodles from two Ramen packs and adding in dehydrated vegetables, dehydrated chicken, some Indian curry paste, and a mixture of Indian Garam Masala spice, cumin seeds, powdered cumin and curry spice. I have red pepper flakes if we need some more heat. For dinner I'll be having dehydrated spaghetti. The sauce has ground beef and Italian sausage, sauted onions, mushrooms, and home made red sauce.

I gave my wife her trail name which is "Feather" because she always collects brightly colored feathers from the trail.

My grand daughter's trail name is "Kid Flash" because she's always up at the front with Gramdpa Speedy. Kid Flash's mom's trail name is "Mommy". Kid Flash's dad's trail name was given to him by Mommy. It's "Eeyore" because he never seems to enjoy hiking and he just mopes around. Hey, at least it was his own wife who gave him the name.

Among my favorite trail names which I've heard are: Blister, Top Shelf, Prison Rob (who was never in prison), That Guy!, Love Note, Drop N Roll, Disco and P.O.D (Princess Of Darkness).

My forum name is GregB because it's my first name and last initial. I use to go by DruLeeParsec as an online name for years. It was based on a gamer name from a character I played in some RPGs years ago. But I feel like I've moved on from that and would rather just be me.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GregB View Post
    I agree. My wife gave me the trail name of "Speedy Gonzolas" because it was accurate going downhill and humorous going uphill. That got changed to "SpeedyG" since my first name is Greg and then shortened further to just "Speedy". As I'm getting in better shape the name is becoming less ironic.
    Wait...your wife gave you the name "Speedy Gonzolas"?? And then gave you that Uphill/downhill jazz as an explanation???
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    No trailname...I agree that the TN will naturally arrive when and where it belongs.
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    My trail name is the same as here (Look up the Swahili word Daktari).
    However: At hangs I either answer to Doc, Doctari or Gary. Don't really give it much thought, been answering to all 3 for YEARS!

FWIW: I also have been known to answer to: Adam, Percy, Percival, & Ivan.
    Sometimes will answer to: Captain or Sergeant, but that requires me to think "Who?" first.

I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute!
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Well that's better than being CDO...that's the same as OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order...as they should be.
    Now I have another thing to think of.......or do I? I am not sure, let me think about that. Well, I will get back to you. I think...

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345