Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    DIY Quilt+HG Inc20

Post OES will be closed for a few weeks to update customer service priorities

I have been absolutely less responsive that I should have been over a period of time covering the past few weeks to months. I would like to personally apologize to all those who were affected, and I wanted to let you know as a group the steps that I'm going to be taking to resolve the issue, particularly so that customer orders are not mis-marked as shipped and customer emails are not missed. While a large percentage of orders were shipped on time and delivered with no issues, I continue to strive for improving this metric.

The main plans for new work over the coming weeks include:

Priority for improvements - I'm going to be closing down shop for in order to concentrate on implementing changes. I need to be able to concentrate on getting everything done without needing to concentrate on shipping orders. This will ensure that everything will be done right, the first (and final) time.

New in-house tracking system - The brunt of the new updates to be integrated will be a new customer/order/email tracking system, working with many of the new skills and techniques I have picked up at my primary place of work. This will be unlike any update OES has had before, and will enable me to better handle shipping, customer needs and getting a better picture of what is in stock, what needs to be shipped and how I can continually improve to gain back. I have tried to update this in the past, however I have never had more of a reason to go through with the updates now that I have even more limited time than I have at any time in the past 9 years.

More help & updated data - I'm going to be bringing in some more help for production to enable me to hopefully bring down wait times on new tarps and to make better estimates on current wait times.

Updates - With respect to the last few weeks in particular, I have been battling with a choice of discretion, as I have been having a renewed bout of medical issues, and I have been struggling with how to deal/disclose issues, especially as I plan and hope for the best while managing as best I can. In hindsight, I should have been writing this several weeks ago and closing down shop at the onset, but I'm going to be actively maintaining a presence and go all-out to keep things running smoothly. I am excited for the chance to really utilize many of the new skills and talents I've been developing and honing over the past year, and care deeply about making things right both with current customers and the hammocking community at large now and in the future.

With all of this in mind, I also will be placing more of a description of where I am in life, and how OES continues to integrate into my life. Gone are the days where I can spend 60 hours a week working on tarps, but I still very much enjoy interacting with the community at large and very much wish to continue. I plan on investigating third party options for helping keep OES active and updated while not requiring daily upkeep.

I will keep my store open through the remainder of Monday, if there were some who had planned on ordering a tarp in the meantime and have expressed interest for an upcoming trip. Tuesday, however, we will be closed throughout the remainder of the updating process.

I will see you on the flip side, with a new and improved interface, customer experience and outlook for OES.

- Brian
    Brian MacMillin
    www.OutdoorEquipmentSupplier.com
    Home of the new MacCat Gen4 hammock tarps

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Brian,

Best of luck with the updates and the improvements to come.
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Thanks for all you've done and all you continue to do. Positive vibes with getting healthy soon and look forward to the new and improved OES
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Good luck to you Brian and all the very best! Looking forward to adding another OES tarp to my quiver! Take care.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY's
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter Pa
    Insulation
    HG Burrow 20, UGQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    Thoughts and prayers your way Brian. Hang in there!

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Here's hoping it all goes well...still enjoying my "Deluxe".

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Good luck and get well!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    Good luck and get well!
    What Beast said!

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Best of luck to you and your business.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Good to hear from you, hope everything works out OK
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast