Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images

Jarbidge end shock cords

Just a quick question... I purchased a Jarbidge from a hammock forum member last year, and have gotten to use it a couple of times now. One thing that I've noticed is that the suspension shock cords that extend from the ends are way too short. If I attach them to the end of my hammock they are too tight. I'm wondering if all Jarbidges come that way or if the PO switched the shock cords, maybe for use with the triangle thingies?

I'm thinking that the tightness of the UQ is also sapping some of its insulating power, because I used it last weekend in conjunction with 2QZQ's UQP with a low of around freezing temperature and I was not warm and toasty like so many people have reported. I was wearing pretty warm clothes and was fine on the top side of me but was getting chills on my back. Just wondering if loosening the tension of the suspension might help this?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    The cords on either end are normally stock at about 4 foot worth of cord...It has a bout 50% stretch to it so the 2 cords would max at around 3 foot of line off either end of the quilt....up to the hammock end and back. Add in the length of the quilt and you have quite a bit of reach. However there are some hammocks that are longer than others. Depending on the hammock you mite be better suited with longer cords. With something like a Black Bird you will have about 1/3 of the length of the cords left over, just dependents on what your hanging the quilt from.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WL XXL TQ & CCF
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I just received my Jarbidge Apex+4 used from a HF member looks great but I didn't realize the side shock cords didnt have a channel to slide it. Ill find out this Monday how it works with my SBP. May end up getting a set of TT from AHE. I sleep with my feet quite a bit higher than my head. So we'll see.
    Can't believe I'm saying this but kinda wish it was gonna be colder on this outing to put the new quilt to a good test, but I'm ready to fight bugs and not the cold.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The Jarbidge is real work horse of a UQ. I have been using mine for several years now. I always take them ( I own 3 that I got during Paul's sales) to group hangs as someone always needs to borrow a UQ. I think Paul has sold a couple from people I let borrow them.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    HH Exp & Speer DIY
    Tarp
    HH Asym & Speer
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Re: Jarbidge end shock cords

Paul is there more wiggle room using the triangle things? I just had this experience last weekend when I tried my other DIY hammock and noticed it was quick taunt vs my DIY speer...

Thanks

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I keep a set of triangle thingies attached to my BB to use with all my UQs. They do help keep the UQ in place.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Triangle thingies...do it.

When using the jarbidge with the wbbb, this is what worked for me;
    -Add some shock cord & cord lock (alternatively, an adjustable loop of cord) to the triangle at the foot end, connect it from the foot end peak to the mitten clip. This allows the you to move the triangle up the ridgeline towards the head end...shifting the jarbidge above the shoulders.
    - shorten the length of cord, via line lock, at your left shoulder
    - lengthen the length of cord, via line lock, at our right foot, foot box side

This combination allowed me to position the quilt a little further the the head end and prevented the quilt from slipping off my left shoulder.

Now my quilt is right where I want it and works amazingly well. Love it.

Every hammock I have put my jarbidge on has used the full length of the shock cord, and I would probably have used more if I had it.

I thought about buying longer runs and replacing it, but it hasn't really been a problem. The synthetic should decent enough held tight against you.
    Does make it hard to vent, but has not caused any other problems for me. Has been warm.

GT SBP (I hang this one with a lot of sag, I couldn't even do a ridge line under the net as the hammock body hung so low it was pulled too tight, still fits the Jarbidge)
    DIY table cloth 60X126
    DH Dangerbird 10'

• + New Posts