DIY Speer type,double 1.7blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing

decisions decisions

ah what to . not sure hope i get help from HF though. i want the blackbird i mean i want iwant iwant iwant the warbonnet blackbird but right now i have a DIY hammock not a bad one at that but haven't used it outside yet. this is what im being pulled into two directions about. i have the money to buy the blackbird now. real problem huh! but on the responsible side i need an underquilt and was thinking of the MT. washington oh yeah baby. dont have enough money for the UQ right now, well i do but i dont want the misses to see money come out of saving account useing side job money ( you guys no what i'm saying hahaha) anyway should i save up more side job money for the UQ or get the blackbird HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!
    YOURS TRULY,
    CONFUSED

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Insulation to stay warm is important.

I say save your pennies and take care of that first. You can get another hammock later.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    thats the way im leaning but arrrgh.

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle, DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, Speer TQ
    As nice as the blackbird is...it wont keep you warm by itself. Get a quilt first IMO.

Images
    I just received my first quilt today, the Mt. Washington, and I'm am really happy I got it. It is awesome.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    man you guys are right on the money here you are cocreteing what i was thinking . thanks much abliged

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nuckkingfuts View Post
    ah what to . not sure hope i get help from HF though. i want the blackbird i mean i want iwant iwant iwant the warbonnet blackbird but right now i have a DIY hammock not a bad one at that but haven't used it outside yet. this is what im being pulled into two directions about. i have the money to buy the blackbird now. real problem huh! but on the responsible side i need an underquilt and was thinking of the MT. washington oh yeah baby. dont have enough money for the UQ right now, well i do but i dont want the misses to see money come out of saving account useing side job money ( you guys no what i'm saying hahaha) anyway should i save up more side job money for the UQ or get the blackbird HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!
    YOURS TRULY,
    CONFUSED
    I sure have been in your shoes lately. Here is how I would handle it and I know going into it will be wrong but when I want something I am pretty much going to get it even if it means putting something else off that I want.

So I would by the BB and use a sleeping bag till I could get the other that way I have the hammock of choice and can start sleeping in it now. Warmer months are coming so do you really need the quilt now? that would allow you the rest of the spring summer and the start of fall to save the money for the quilt.

Just my 2 cents worth

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I lean toward Cavediver2's way of thinking. You can use a pad in the BB if you get a double bottom, and save for your quilt through the warmer months. Maybe buy a used one people will be selling as the days grow longer. ?????
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nuckkingfuts View Post
    YOURS TRULY,
    CONFUSED
    While I love my underquilt(s), I gotta point out that you can be comfortable, happy, and even sometimes not-cold on top of inexpensive CCF pads. The hassle factor of pads goes down if you can spring for a double-body hammock. And, as has been pointed out already, warmer days are coming. Soon I hope, but definitely coming.

Grizz

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle, DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, Speer TQ
    How does a pad feel in the blackbird compared to a claytor, anyone have experience?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast