Thread: SBP question

SBP question

I don't own a skeeter beeter pro nor have I seen one in person. I don't know anybody who owns a hammock. So my question is, seeing as Grand trunk does not make a double layer unfortunately. Can you flip the SBP over in cold weather and put a pad between netting and hammock or does the net hang down to much and would a pad possibly tear the netting. Just a thought has anybody tried this? Why wont they make a double layer with net, seems to be the way to go. This and eno is the only hammocks Ive seen in my area. Hate buying off line when I don't know anything about it, So asking those in the know is my experience. Thanks

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon308 View Post
    I don't own a skeeter beeter pro nor have I seen one in person. I don't know anybody who owns a hammock. So my question is, seeing as Grand trunk does not make a double layer unfortunately. Can you flip the SBP over in cold weather and put a pad between netting and hammock or does the net hang down to much and would a pad possibly tear the netting. Just a thought has anybody tried this? Why wont they make a double layer with net, seems to be the way to go. This and eno is the only hammocks Ive seen in my area. Hate buying off line when I don't know anything about it, So asking those in the know is my experience. Thanks
    I own a GT SBP, and I would not try that. The net does not drape off a structural ridge line, so at best the netting would hang loose underneath, or at worst tear if you tied it tighter. The hammock material also stretches a good bit, depending on your body weight.

Dream Hammocks offers a couple of double-layer options, including the DangerBird and the ThunderBird if you want to hang without the net but be able to deploy it later as the Mosquitos come out.

One final point, expect mosquito bite-through on the GTSBP, unless you treat it with permethrin or sleep on top of another layer of something.

Quote Originally Posted by McBroom View Post
    I own a GT SBP, and I would not try that. The net does not drape off a structural ridge line, so at best the netting would hang loose underneath, or at worst tear if you tied it tighter. The hammock material also stretches a good bit, depending on your body weight.

Dream Hammocks offers a couple of double-layer options, including the DangerBird and the ThunderBird if you want to hang without the net but be able to deploy it later as the Mosquitos come out.

One final point, expect mosquito bite-through on the GTSBP, unless you treat it with permethrin or sleep on top of another layer of something.
    Thanks I did not know that, Guess I will keep looking.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon308 View Post
    You can turn it upside down and put a sleeping bag in the net. I did it a couple of weekends ago with no problem at all. I switched out the stock suspension after that for some whoopee slings and most of the stretch is gone now.

• + New Posts