10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith

New in Columbus, Oh

Getting back into backpacking after long time. Starting to reduce weight. I want to try a hammock without have to make a major investment until I'm more sure. I am a stomach sleeper but have heard most find a hammock the only way they sleep on the back/side. I also have a bad knee and hope that a hammock can help reduce a lot of the squatting and knelling we have to do in outdoors.

I have watched Shug's, Fronkey's, and Water Monkey's videos along with a random few others. Hoping to meet some local folks to go over a few things and help dial things in. I don't have a good place to set things up at home. I have looked and a couple of local parks put have not found a good place to try things out. I was a scout and know how to make things, sew, tie knots, and an understanding of engineering/design. I have read "The Perfect Hang" but am a tactile learner...

If there are any local people that get together and talk shop or what not, let me know i would love to come and learn something from you.

What I have to start with is:
    -a cheap gathered end hammock by Pawleys Island
    -some old rain flies and tarps to play with different setups
    -I also have a golite 20* down top quilt(I use instead of a sleeping bag on the ground)
    -an old light weight synthetic bag to make into an under quilt.
    -lots of straps(polyester & nylon)

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

New in Columbus, Oh

Hello from Grove City, I've heard bridge hammocks are good for stomach sleepers, but not real sure just started myself last fall and have been working with diy stuff trying to figure out what will be best for me.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Welcome, you're right on par with many of us at one time or another. Good news, plenty of hangers in the area and regular get togethers you're welcome to attend. Also a few DIY types in the bunch.

Should be something cooking for Memorial Day weekend though I won't be able to make it.

David

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Hey Jlink! Welcome to the group buddy! Dayton area here. Been out a coupla times with that feller Bannerstone. He's an alright guy, wise in the ways of hammockin. Come on out sometime when you see a trip planning thread for Ohio.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith
    Thanks for the welcome.

Xchaos- I sleep decent in a lazy boy and hope the hammock is similar.

Bannerstone- I work most Saturdays(off Sun. & Mon.), but can probably meet up later that night if camp is not a far hike in.

Let me know if anyone wanta to get together for some trail or hanging conversation.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    Images
    Northern Columbus here. Welcome! I'm still new to this myself, with just one hang so far, so I'm still experimenting with setups. I live 10 minutes from Alum Creek, so I was thinking I could camp there initially, if they're cool with hammocks, as an easy way to experiment with setups, without too much risk. Worst case, I just drive home. The wife is getting her own Blackbird, but I'm not sure how much camping she'll want to do.
    Traveling from West to East, and from East to West.

Hammock
    DH 11ft Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

New in Columbus, OH

Hey I am new here from Columbus, OH and have been backpacking for about a year. I really enjoy backpacking however I do not enjoy ground sleeping very much. I have a buddy that let me test out some hammocks and so far I am pretty impressed. I am looking to pickup one of my own but am still trying to decide the best option. Good to meet everyone!

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Asym
    Insulation
    DIY 2/3 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggles
    Welcome!

I am a displaced Buckeye in Virginia. Grew up just outside of Columbus in the town of Pataskala.

If you are looking to learn a thing or two about hammocking, you've come to the right place. I've spent countless (some would say too many) hours here learning every which way to hang. I am still figuring out MY hang.

Lots of new guys here from Cbus, nice.

We have a pretty motley crew that gets together at least once a month, usually more.

Any and all, always more than welcome to come to any hangs. I've never had a bad time. Hope to see some of the new faces out here soon.

• + New Posts