Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Done with OES!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest

Done with OES!

So my experience with OES is now over. I have been looking at their website for a few years and finally pull the trigger back in April hoping I would be one of the lucky ones. Not so much. The website indicated all tarps in stock and shipping in 24-48 hours. The charge cleared my account two days after the order was placed. Then the wait began. After 1.5 weeks I sent the first email inquiring about the order including the order confirmation from OES in the email for order number reference. Then at 2.5 weeks I resent the same email inquiring again. Again at 3.5 weeks. I received no response from any of my inquiries. Using a tactic used by another poster here I decided to send one last email indicating if I did not receive a shipping notification in three days and a tarp by a week after that I would dispute the charge with my CC Company. The deadline came and went without a response and the dispute was filed. Two days later I finally get a response “apologizing” for losing my order and offering a full refund. Losing my order??? Brian was reminded with each email he ignored what order I was looking for. He did not offer a refund; I took it by filing a dispute.
    Anyway, I will not be returning to OES and will be looking for a different tarp manufacturer. I was trying to get a 10 X 10 rectangular tarp. I need to find a good alternative tarp maker that will fill an order for one of these.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Very sorry to hear and thankfully your experience is over. I have dealt with Brian on a few occasions and all the experiences were very good. I do remember that he is currently juggling quite a few things and some response wait times may be a couple of days but it all went through and even a small problem resolved.

You may look at Oware if he still has tarps available.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    11' Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Camo Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    Loco Libre!
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    This is my experience with his customer service as well. I will not be sending any more business his way either. It's unfortunate, really. His tarps are excellent.
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Sorry to hear of your experience however their are some other excellent other options that you can choose from such as a

Hammock Gear Cuben
    JRB tarp
    Western Logic Tarp
    AHE Tarp
    Warbonnet Makes excellent tarps and I am sure I am leaving a few out. All the vendors I listed I have dealt with in various capacities and they have all delivered excellent products with excellent service. Good luck on your tarp search.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Try these guys...

http://www.cookecustomsewing.com/tundratarp.htm

They've been around forever, good customer service, reasonable prices, willing to do custom work if needed.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Sorry to hear of your experience however their are some other excellent other options that you can choose from such as a

Hammock Gear Cuben
    JRB tarp
    Western Logic Tarp
    AHE Tarp
    Warbonnet Makes excellent tarps and I am sure I am leaving a few out. All the vendors I listed I have dealt with in various capacities and they have all delivered excellent products with excellent service. Good luck on your tarp search.
    Roger that. My JRB tarp has given excellent service for years. As has a big sil-nylon HH, though at about the same price I would probably choose the JRB for it's Cat cuts on the side edge. But point is: there are plenty of good tarps readily available. You would probably have the JRB a few days after ordering. I had an Mac Cat Dlx years ago, and it was equal to or better than any tarp I have had as far as quality went, really superb. I only sold it because I needed something like the JRB to better cover a bridge hammock. But I have been reading about these communication problems for quite a long time now, and it does not seem to get any better. So I would just deal with one of the other vendors if I needed a new tarp.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Sorry to hear about your experience, I am sure most of us have had similar, in my experience it could all be avoided by good communication. So many on here give manufacturers a pass because they are "good people" "make a great product" etc. Poor customer service will drive many away and it is sad when a simple email or keeping your website current is all that is needed. When peopl have an expectation and it is not met, it is on the manufacturer IMO. I love Warbonnet, but know they have super slow times, why Brandon does not keep that current on his site (his items usually show in stock) is beyond me, you get a flock of people on his page asking where there stuff is only to find out everyone else has been waiting 6 weeks, that many people with the same question tells me there is a gap in communication, just let people know it is 2-4-6 weeks, etc from the begining, that's all they are looking for. When you order something that shows in stock, it should be at your door in 5 business days or less IMO.

Some companies I have always had good communication with and fast as expected ship time are HammockGear, Wilderness Logics, and Arrowhead Equipment. Best of luck with your future gear purchases.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Roger that. My JRB tarp has given excellent service for years. As has a big sil-nylon HH, though at about the same price I would probably choose the JRB for it's Cat cuts on the side edge. But point is: there are plenty of good tarps readily available. You would probably have the JRB a few days after ordering. I had an Mac Cat Dlx years ago, and it was equal to or better than any tarp I have had as far as quality went, really superb. I only sold it because I needed something like the JRB to better cover a bridge hammock. But I have been reading about these communication problems for quite a long time now, and it does not seem to get any better. So I would just deal with one of the other vendors if I needed a new tarp.

I agree it is all about communication, when you own a business, being "busy" is no excuse. Fortunatley there are many who know that and have great customer service.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    I'm sorry to hear of your tarp hassle.
    Here you will find to be the complete opposite.
    They will restore your faith in cottage venders and humanity in general.
    My friends at WILDERNESS LOGICS are like family to all their customers.
    I guarantee it!
    __bob__

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Underground Quilts is also a maker of fine tarps.. worth checking out.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast