HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    I've been making HUG bugnets for my DIY bridge hammocks for a while. Some modification needed for a RR I imagine, but the principle is the same.

The principle of tucking the net under you to create the seal has worked for me so far.

The one shown here is 2-3 oz.

Attachment 51088

Attachment 51089

Attachment 51090
    And the master of everything bridge comes forth! How did you work the head cap area Grizz? Did you just leave enough excess to drape over the spreader bar and tuck under a pillow or is it something more elaborate like what Shug did with spreader bar slots? Sorry, I'm having trouble discerning what was done from the pictures.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishmanHangeth View Post
    And the master of everything bridge comes forth! How did you work the head cap area Grizz? Did you just leave enough excess to drape over the spreader bar and tuck under a pillow or is it something more elaborate like what Shug did with spreader bar slots? Sorry, I'm having trouble discerning what was done from the pictures.
    yes, sorry, these are pictures I have on file already.

Three attachment points. One you see, to the ridgeline. The other two are at mitten clips on the hammock, next to the ends of the spreader bar. Shock cord from the corners of the canopy to the mitten clips, under the spreader bar. To keep the netting from stretching between those corners I sewed in a strip of bias tape, so that it is bias tape under tension. You can put on and take off without messing with the spreader bars at all.

So yes, the head piece tucks under a pillow, and the sides drop down far enough to tuck under shoulders and sides.

In a 2nd generation beyond these pictures I put ripstop nylon on the lower portion of the head piece, reasoning that the head up against netting is still a bug target and nylon is harder to bite through. I'd treat with permethrin in any case.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Senior Member TheIrishmanHangeth's Avatar
    Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    yes, sorry, these are pictures I have on file already.

Three attachment points. One you see, to the ridgeline. The other two are at mitten clips on the hammock, next to the ends of the spreader bar. Shock cord from the corners of the canopy to the mitten clips, under the spreader bar. To keep the netting from stretching between those corners I sewed in a strip of bias tape, so that it is bias tape under tension. You can put on and take off without messing with the spreader bars at all.

So yes, the head piece tucks under a pillow, and the sides drop down far enough to tuck under shoulders and sides.

In a 2nd generation beyond these pictures I put ripstop nylon on the lower portion of the head piece, reasoning that the head up against netting is still a bug target and nylon is harder to bite through. I'd treat with permethrin in any case.
    Very well done Grizz!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12