Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Big Agnes w/ Exped
    Suspension
    Webbing and Rings
    I'll just turn it over to the expert...

http://youtu.be/hLupiOygs0s
    Last edited by docwells7; 05-28-2013 at 07:26. Reason: Embed didn't work for some reason...added a link...

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    ... The reason I prefer the flyz is that, if my hang distance is really far apart or my trees are big, I can slide the flys down the line and toward the tree. You give up the "v", but gain a bunch of distance. The stingerz are limited. If your end lines aren't long enough to go around your tree and get back to the tarp, you are stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I like stingerz for continuous ridgelines and if I am going to move them. I like flyz on 2 lines because I can use less line. If the trees are big or further apart i can move the flyz closer to the tree.
    After trying both with my two-line setup, I found that I prefer the flyz. If your trees are large or far apart, you may not have enough line to get back to the stingerz, since they clip right at the hammock end. They are fixed, you cannot adjust them, and since the working end of the line doesn't reach them, you end up tying the line with a knot. But the flyz can be moved, so you slide them closer to the tree and the working end of your line, and there's no need for knots.
    Last edited by Gravity; 10-02-2013 at 07:03.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Continuous ridge line and one of each. I'm putting the fly on a small loop on one side. My custom Dutch order will have a long line and deal with the large trees we grow around here. Test rigged this with Mason line and love how it works, deploys fast and adjusts easy.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Thinking about getting a set of Tarp Flyz to make hanging my tarp a little easier. Came across this thread as I was searching for an answer to a question I had about how to use them.

I plan to run a separate section of line from each end of my tarp's ridgeline instead of using one continuous line. Those of you that use the Tarp Flyz, do you keep your line attached to your tarp to make setup faster? And what method do you use to attach the line to the tarp? Do you just have a loop on one end of the line and larks head it onto the tarp D-ring?

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
    I'll just turn it over to the expert...

http://youtu.be/hLupiOygs0s
    I went to this set up last summer. It works great, especially with a 12ft tarp I got. Adjusting your tarp from foot to head is very easy even after you tighten it up.
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Stingerz all the way, these are a great item and alot easier to find if you drop one as well

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB and Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG And WB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    My end lines stay attached to the tarp with flyz securely attached (by design). They get stored in the end pocket of my tarp skin ready for action.

Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome 11"
    Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie, UCR
    If im using crl i find flys and dutch hook works well for me, on My smaller tarps i always using Stingers permanently attached

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I like stingerz for continuous ridgelines and if I am going to move them. I like flyz or 2 lines because I can use less line. If the trees are big or further apart i can move the flyz closer to the tree.
    a question Dutch...say you are doing a multi-day hike and won't be camping in the same spot. you are unsure what each campsite will look like. Which of these two systems would you put in your pack? and why? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 4shot View Post
    a question Dutch...say you are doing a multi-day hike and won't be camping in the same spot. you are unsure what each campsite will look like. Which of these two systems would you put in your pack? and why? Thank you in advance for your help.
    My set up for any trip is two flyz and two lines. I don't like the CRL because things get twisted in a stuff sack. The flyz are so easy to center and I like how I can make it tight as a drum. I use about 10 foot on each side. Here is where the flyz shine. The Flyz can be slid closer to the tree so if you have a big tree or a greater distance you can still make it work. Stingerz are stationary and require a longer line.

The only change to this is for cold weather the stingerz are nicer to work with gloves. And if you move your suspension between tarps it is nice to be able to disconnect it. Personally though I have a pair of Flyz for each tarp. Benefits of having a bin full of them though.

One last thing is I use grey lash it on the ridge line and yellow zing it on the tie outs. That way I can easily find the ridgeline pulling it out of the stuff sack and less likely to trip over the yellow lines.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast