reflectix in pockets

Has anyone tried to cut up squares of reflectix and insert into the six underside pockets as a sole means of under insulation?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    Quote Originally Posted by jscalia View Post
    Has anyone tried to cut up squares of reflectix and insert into the six underside pockets as a sole means of under insulation?
    Not me. But I did cut rectangles of CCF out of a 1/4" Gossamer Gear pad.
    Worked well for a little boost in temp.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & TriGlides
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jscalia View Post
    I meant to try this during my latest winter hang but ran out of time. If you try it I would appreciate your feedback. I have the Clark, the Reflectix and the scissors but not the time.
    Todd K. Miller

I just use zip lock bags stuffed with... air. They create a large air gap of static air, and you'd be surprised how effective it is. Fits well in backpack too. The airgap shields you from outside wind which leaches away heat very fast, thus why hammocks are cold. I've slept outside in rather cold conditions, -9 degrees F, and snowing like a snow globe. My toes got a bit cold, but the rest of me was alright. Nothing more than plastic freezer bags in the pouches. Clark told me that one, I was a bit skeptical, but I tried it... not too bad at all.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & TriGlides
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bristolview View Post
    I just use zip lock bags stuffed with... air. They create a large air gap of static air, and you'd be surprised how effective it is. Fits well in backpack too. The airgap shields you from outside wind which leaches away heat very fast, thus why hammocks are cold. I've slept outside in rather cold conditions, -9 degrees F, and snowing like a snow globe. My toes got a bit cold, but the rest of me was alright. Nothing more than plastic freezer bags in the pouches. Clark told me that one, I was a bit skeptical, but I tried it... not too bad at all.
    I had read about that but never tried it. You have have stoked me to give it a spin. We'll see what the week brings. It would be a great time to test with, snow, rain, freezing rain in the forecast. BRING IT ON!
    Todd K. Miller

Hammock
    ENO Singlesnest
    Tarp
    JRB CatTarp
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Rope/EnoSlapstraps
    Quote Originally Posted by bristolview View Post
    Hey, what kind of sleeping bag do you use with the bags? And do you use a pad also or no?

• + New Posts