Trek Light Hammocks

I am buying my first hammock and the trek light single hammock seems to be the one that is calling my name. Before I make the purchase I want to hear what you guys have to say!

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Not much activity on those.

Check the For Sale section and see what sells, for what, and how fast. For example WB Black Birds and Ridgerunners are hot. They sometimes last only minutes and resale for practically what they paid new.

BIAS makes great hammocks for crazy prices. Wilderness Logistics, Dream Hammocks, DP, and several others active on HF will all make you something much better IMHO.

TL are not bad hammocks, but you'd be well served to look around just a little more before placing an order. Ask yourself some questions. What am i going to be using it for, where and what times of the year. Are you car or kayak camping or intending to burn up trail miles?

If you want to try a little DIY, Tableclothfactory.com sells good cheap hammock blanks, that only require whipping and suspension. They will be just a tad on the heavy side, but if weight is not an issue, they work incredibly well. All the above options are probably better and provide more bang for your buck.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Don't know why Trek Light would call your name. They don't have much of a forum presence. Several other hammocks like Dream Hammock, BIAS, WL, or TTTG could call your name and the actual owners would answer questions on this forum about the hammock.

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    The Trek Light Double was my first "official" camping hammock. I do like it (and have a soft spot in my heart for TL since they were my first). Even though I now own several hammocks, I still use my TLD a lot, especially at home in the yard or if I'm doing a quick overnight trip. TL's are pretty much identical to the ENO hammocks. They are decent hammocks to get you started and the folks at Trek Light are lovely.

One note... I did switch out the suspension to whoopies almost immediately once it arrived as the stock suspension is...erm...I'll say "a bit on the clunky-chunky side."

Enjoy!

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    V9 Strong Tarp
    Images
    @SilvrSurfr - Sounds like we haven't had a chance to talk yet but I just wanted to chime in and point out that your comment about TLG's forum presence couldn't be farther from the truth! I've been a member of the Hammock Forums since 2006 and if I'm not mistaken was one of the very first hammock biz owners to join the forums and make myself available to anyone who needs assistance.

I take a laid back approach to the forums since I believe most people asking questions like @elowe001's are looking for responses not from the business owner but from other unbiased hammock owners. I'm sure there are others here who can attest - if there's ever anything at all that I can help with I'm absolutely here listening and responding and can be reached through a number of other channels as well.

TLG has it's own forum of sorts with over 15K fans on Facebook and a huge community of happy hammock owners from the nearly 10 years we've been in business. We get pictures submitted and great testimonials posted on FB almost every single day, and I honestly don't know why those same folks haven't made their way to the HF, I wish they would. But trust me, the fact that TLG's section of the forums stays fairly quiet is in no way indicative of our connection with the hammock community or the excitement that people have about our products.

@elowe001 - Thanks for the interest in our hammocks, if you're still looking for some more feedback feel free to post any questions you have on our Facebook page and if there's anything I can answer directly just let me know!
    Last edited by TrekLightGear; 05-28-2013 at 16:06.
    --
    Seth Haber
    Trek Light Gear | Founder, CEO
    p: 720.446.2854
    w: treklightgear.com
    Feel Good. Do Good. Pass It On.

• + New Posts