Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutchware
    Suspension
    My own
    Jadekayak, you will find this forum with many who have nothing constructive to say. They just find a need to break balls or insult others. They Can't keep their opinions to themselves and just have the urge run their mouth. They were never taught if they have nothing good to say to just shut their pie holes.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer0419 View Post
    Jadekayak, you will find this forum with many who have nothing constructive to say. They just find a need to break balls or insult others. They Can't keep their opinions to themselves and just have the urge run their mouth. They were never taught if they have nothing good to say to just shut their pie holes.
    You really haven't been around here for long. This is the most civil online community I've encountered. Spread the love!

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Suspension
    My own
    I've been around longer than you. Long enough to know there are some disrespectful individuas on here!! By no means am I referring to the majority. This is a great place with lots of info. Some just can't mind their business and find it necessary to throw their two cents in regardless.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Fair point, you have. This thread's been around longer than I have. My apologies. We've had a few new members in recent months who seem to be offended by directness. They have been joined by members who become offended on their behalf. I thought you were doing that as well. I am corrected. I'll shut my pie hole.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Suspension
    My own
    Lol Dave. Wasn't referring to you. Have a great day.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    For what it is worth i have tested Dynaglide Whoopie Slings and they broke consistently at 900 pounds.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    How'd you make the Whoopie slings Dutch? Locked Brummel on the eye end or long eye splice?

It would be pretty fun (for me) if you filmed and posted your destructive testing

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Suspension
    My own
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    For what it is worth i have tested Dynaglide Whoopie Slings and they broke consistently at 900 pounds.
    Very impressive as Dynaglide is rated at 1000lbs. I made a boat load of them but decided against hanging off them as I am over 250#!! I use a few for tent and tarp guyouts. A bit overkill but fast and secure.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    OzTrail???
    Insulation
    Tentsile sky pad
    Suspension
    DIY single line
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer0419 View Post
    I suggest you follow your own advice.

Just because i haven't been on here for long doesn't mean I haven't been around for a while.

I'm pretty new to hammocking but been camping and boating for decades and a lot if stuff is multi use.
    Also the learning curve is not too steep if you bother to check and ask.

I guess I came in at a good time as whoopie slings were already here and I ditched the rope that came with my first 2 basic hangers and made my own EVERYTHING with help from other folks here and YouTube.
    As for dynaglyde-it will never be as safe or strong as 3mm dyneema-1000kg breaking strain.

QUOTE=Dutch;1637427]For what it is worth i have tested Dynaglide Whoopie Slings and they broke consistently at 900 pounds.[/QUOTE]

Only 900lbs when an extra .6mm will get you 1000kgs breaking strain.(that's 2200lbs)

Its important to me as I'm a bit rotund at 130kgs(that's 286lbs)
    That is slightly better than 1/3 weight to breaking strain ratio.

If I were hanging low I would not mind the risk but I hang high and from pohutakawa trees.
    A moderate fall on the exposed roots can break a back.

About the PM.good explanation and sorry,must be my oversensitive highly defensive side coming through.actually got a pretty thick hide but I like a good constructive debate as long as we can all learn something and have a bit of fun and keep each other safe.
    Last edited by jadekayak; 06-07-2016 at 06:52. Reason: Reply

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Suspension
    My own
    Quote Originally Posted by jadekayak View Post
    I suggest you follow your own advice.

Just because i haven't been on here for long doesn't mean I haven't been around for a while.

I'm pretty new to hammocking but been camping and boating for decades and a lot if stuff is multi use.
    Also the learning curve is not too steep if you bother to check and ask.

I guess I came in at a good time as whoopie slings were already here and I ditched the rope that came with my first 2 basic hangers and made my own EVERYTHING with help from other folks here and YouTube.
    As for dynaglyde-it will never be as safe or strong as 3mm dyneema-1000kg breaking strain.

QUOTE=Dutch;1637427]For what it is worth i have tested Dynaglide Whoopie Slings and they broke consistently at 900 pounds.
    Only 900lbs when an extra .6mm will get you 1000kgs breaking strain.(that's 2200lbs)

Its important to me as I'm a bit rotund at 130kgs(that's 286lbs)
    That is slightly better than 1/3 weight to breaking strain ratio.

If I were hanging low I would not mind the risk but I hang high and from pohutakawa trees.
    A moderate fall on the exposed roots can break a back.

About the PM.good explanation and sorry,must be my oversensitive highly defensive side coming through.actually got a pretty thick hide but I like a good constructive debate as long as we can all learn something and have a bit of fun and keep each other safe.[/QUOTE]

I was BACKING YOU UP???

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast