TW Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso Storm
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket.
    Suspension
    Stock tree straps

Some advice if you please

Wether this is in the right section im not sure, if not please feel free to move it.

So I'm trying to build my first proper hammock system, (just using a trekmates light at the mo)

I think I've got it down to a TW hornet double hang with a TW sargasso storm 3.8 tarp.
    Now I also want to look at getting the handy hammock stands when I'm camping with the others in a field. Plus a UQ maybe the snugpak.

My question is: is this possible? What's the biggest tarp for the handy hammock? Should I just stick to trees? Hehe. Has anyone else got a similar /or better setup?

Any input would be great.

Cheers

Dave

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    I checked out what you listed. Of course, it's possible. I guess if you're thinking about a Handy Hammmock stand, then you're not parking too far away from where you're camping In that case, I say try what you have and adjust to your liking after a hang or two.

The size of the tarp really has more to do with what will cover the hammock than the stand. Of course, it won't help if the tarp is too big to hand from the stand. You might look into the Turtle Lady stand. It's compact, portable, inexpensive, and can be made to fit any setup.

As for sticking with the trees. You could do that, but if all your buddies are in the field, where does that leave you?

As for "better setup", HYOH and enjoy!

Hammock
    TW Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso Storm
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket.
    Suspension
    Stock tree straps
    Cheers for the response mrmike,
    Your correct about not staying too far from the car, the Handy was for the site at the end of the hike where the cars are parked!
    I'll look I to the turtle lady, I've seen it mentioned a few times on the forum now.

I may get the larger tarp as well, better to have too much then not enough!

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images

Re: Some advice if you please

From what I've read, tw gear is good quality, maybe a little heavy for backpacking? Price is good though.

I'm not sure about the handy hammock, I don't know how the hornet net will work in terms of suspending it because it looks like it is higher than the ends of the hammock, and therefore the stand?

Maybe try pming Jason Andrews (owner) or even Dojoha or just jeff (both have done reviews) and see what they think?

Hammock
    TW Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso Storm
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket.
    Suspension
    Stock tree straps
    Well I spent most of last night reading the many pages of the turtledog stand, and then today I've gone and bought the wood and hinges, just need a good ridge pole (chain fence poles seem scarce in the UK for some reason!) and then I should have some time at the end of the week to put it together!

Cheers for pointing out about the net issue Craige, sometimes the obvious things are the easiest to overlook!

• + New Posts