Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Suspension
    webbing

great looking trip.

Nice to have a watch dog in camp that scare off the meanoldnastys. That much weight on top of you in the hammock must create some shoulder pinch though

Hammock
    JRB, Clark ultralight, Hennessy . .
    My weimaraner, Willow, sometimes sleeps on the ground, sometimes in the hammock with me. I made one from fabric that is a blend of polyester and cotton (if I remember correctly). It is a bit heavier than my other (nylon) hammocks. But it was cheap ($12-14 for the material). It is also a bit warmer and not as slippery as nylon. Anyway, it works well for me - I don't worry about her tearing it. I can always make another.

Marti
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlledRot View Post
    Awesome pics. I have a similarly sized pit I've been wanting to try to hang with, but been worried about his nails damaging my hammock. Have you noticed snags/punctures being an issue?
    I travel with a 105 pound Bouvier des Flandres and a Antique Pug. The Pug is almost 14 years old, he has sharp little toe nails. The Bouvie had huge paws with big toe nails. My solution: Booties, the dogs have to have them on to get in my hammock. My Bouvie wears them when we hike to protect her paws. She likes them because she get excellent traction. They have Vibrum soles, there is a learning curve on the Booties. Lots of really creative walking while shaking three paws. In the beginning I put the boots on, I had someone help me, for speeds sake. Booties on firmly, almost too tight, then we are off jogging down the street. About one or two minutes later we return to a normal walk. Now they two dogs know that boots are a good thing, getting in the hammock, going for adventures. The big dog uses the booties for using escalators, walking on hot pavement and places where the floors are slippery (she is a Medical Alert Dog so she goes everywhere I go).

Little kids thick socks would work also. Dogs are protective of their paws so there is a learning curve. Put em on and go works the best, boots equal fun time.

I love the photo's, the dog is beautiful. Makes me miss our Staffie, he was something else, soo intelligent, loyal and cleaver, he about drove me crazy, always doing something, life was never boring.

Just a suggestion: I would put a harness on your dog, it is better for the neck and is great if you ever have to rescue you K9 pal. Collars, can cause damage to the dogs throat, scar tissue builds up. Lots of information on other sites about harness vs collar, rather interesting read.

Hammock
    multicam T-bird
    Tarp
    camo cuben hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*; Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch; whoop
    Thanks everyone for the replies. Yogi is up to 57lbs. now, bulking up a little muscle. I have a harness for him but it's a cheap one that rubs his armpits, so I need to find a good one for him. I'm planning another trip.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12