Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Great vid's MM. No glitch at my end and i'm running at 250.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    I really hated missing this one. 2sticks and I will have to do it soon to see the ponies. I had to use the MAC to see the first video.

Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing

Hammock
    DIY DL gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    I had issues in YouTube with directly viewing part 1- froze at the hammock scene before the creek. Tried watching it imbedded in IE and Chrome. Still froze the same spot. The resolution trick change worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip. I've not seen that issue before. Curious..
    Great video Poof and MM. Thanks for taking the time to do it and for hauling along the extra equipment necessary for us to go along later (digitally). Great still photos too. Gonna have to get up there to enjoy the ponies. I used to live in MD and got to Assateauge and Chincoteague on occasion. Let me tell you, I'll never forget the ticks. The island was covered up with wild rabbits as well as the horses. That might have something to do with it. The ticks were really bad. But...I loved driving the beach in my old 4x4 and stopping to commune with the wild horses. I did not know they used ponies from the highlands to help inject genetic diversity. Makes sense though.
    -Sarge
    "Live your life so that your children can tell their children that you not only stood for something wonderful- you acted on it"
    -Dan Zadra

Watched in HD and had no issues.

Great set of videos MM (and Poof of course), looked like it was a fun filled trip out, must be an awesome place since it seemed like there were a lot of people out in that area.

As always thank you for taking the time to do these videos, they are greatly appreciated.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

One thing I forgot to ask....

MM I saw (I think twice now) the Candiru in your videos, and by the way the mod is fantastic. Are you able to scrape your firesteel with the spine of the knife?

I ask as this is one pet-peeves that the spine of my knife must be at a 90* angle (or close too) so that I can use it as my striker, one less thing to carry and I always keep my knife and firesteel together. I know that one can use the edge, but that is something that I will never do (unless my life depends on it kinda deal).
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    MM, where did you purchase the No Bake Power Cookie? Inertia Trail Foods website is only place I found on the web, but they're out of stock.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Thanks for the shout-outs. The weather up there looked fantastic. I hope to make it up there again soon.
    Yeah, I found out the hard way about the weather changes. I love the time lapse wake up session.
    What cameras do you bring camping. I see some sort of DSLR, but do you bring anything else as well?
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Yoda I don't know, haven't tried...it's just there in case. I bet you're thinking the traction coating on the Candiru will hinder and I bet you're right....and I bet in the case where I'd need it I'd find a rock and remove said coating.

BonePile-yes that is where I've bought it in the past but usually in their big deals, can't remember but it's like 30 meals/deserts all-in-one package. If you buy several and don't like one I'll buy the rest from you. When you think of most backpack freezed dried, they are scant on fat calories-this one is definitely not.

FIMB-If I know I'm going to do TL when backpacking I use a mirrorless camera; the bodies are much smaller/lighter...the weight difference let me carry and use in the highlands two different lenses for 2 of the 3 TL shoots. The one before the wake up scene was using 8mm fisheye, the wake up scene was 16mm as was the first with the big clouds.

Resqsarge-if you have ponies in profusion you'll have flies and the highlands had 'em but luckily we didn't encounter biting horse flies.

HNO-2sticks would love the ponies. I'm most assuredly willing to go again; it's a beautiful place no matter what time of year.

And to everyone else thank you for watching and maybe enjoying a bit.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great video. I'll have to hit that loop sometime. Looks like a really fun time.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Those videos were good medicine for me. I like your Norse look...I like it a lot.
    Hickery took me on a trip there in a major snow once. It was awesome. Yes, I typed awesome.
    For sure am I going to order the no-bake Inertia cookie mix you had for breakfast. Whoooooo Cookie))))))
    Hope to someday hike along with you all.
    Enjoyed the watch.
    Shug
    Last edited by Shug; 06-06-2013 at 09:09.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast