Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NMardin View Post
    Jones gap state park SC is very nice and not far from you. Lot of beautiful waterfalls and easy hiking to get to your campsites. If you get a close one they have bathrooms and what not. Good luck! Hope she enjoys it!
    I know this is late but Jones Gap State Park is a great place for a beginner.
    Campsite # 6 on the Office Spur Loop is close enough to the parking lot that you can take some comforts like chairs, small table, cooler, etc.
    It's like car camping with no neighbors.
    It is right on the Middle Saluda River but on the opposite side of the river from the main trail. I have hung in 3 different spots on that site.

I was drinking my first cup of coffee by the river when this beauty came gliding up the river and landed in front of the campsite

Jones Gap Waterfall, about an hour hike from the trailhead

Rainbow Falls, again, about an hour from the trailhead but up a different trail from the Jones Gap Falls, Not a lot of volume but high.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    DIY 11" 1.1 black ripstop
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    tewa and HG
    Suspension
    UCRs/Dutchbling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    Campsite # 6 on the Office Spur Loop is close enough to the parking lot that you can take some comforts like chairs, small table, cooler, etc.
    It is right on the Middle Saluda River but on the opposite side of the river from the main trail. I have hung in 3 different spots on that site.

I was drinking my first cup of coffee by the river when this beauty came gliding up the river and landed in front of the campsite

Jones Gap Waterfall, about an hour hike from the trailhead

Rainbow Falls, again, about an hour from the trailhead but up a different trail from the Jones Gap Falls, Not a lot of volume but high.
    Nice pictures. I did a hang at site 10 right next to JG Falls. Hiked a big loop the next day by Rainbow falls, followed an unmarked trail up to pretty place then connected to hospital rock trail. Hung for two nights. Rainbow falls is looking a bit dry in your photos. We went a few weeks ago and it was roaring!

Hammock
    HH Deluxe/ DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    Thanks, this looks like an awesome place. Still haven't got out yet

The first weekend we decided to postpone until the next as we were going through a contract negotiation at work and thought we would be voting...... that fell through and was extended. Should have went, it was perfect weather.

So now we planned to get out this weekend...... work again. This time in the form of mandatory Saturday work. So now it's rescheduled yet again for next weekend, which is a long weekend due to the holiday so it all works out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Offering fine and unique outdoor products for the serious hiker and hammocker.
    Available at the following retailers:Tier Gear, Dutchware

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12