Thread: New Hammock

New Hammock

So I'm about to buy my first hammock, and I would like some expert opinions Which do you guys think I should get, The Warbonnet Blackbird or The Hennessy Hammock?

Thanks

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ibigler5 View Post
    So I'm about to buy my first hammock, and I would like some expert opinions Which do you guys think I should get, The Warbonnet Blackbird or The Hennessy Hammock?

Thanks
    No comparison. Blackbird all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    No comparison. Blackbird all the way!
    Any reason?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    The warbonnet has top entry, a big shelf for storing your gear, the ability to flip the bug net out of your way, a better suspension system, a foot box for laying diagonally, is more spacious inside, is available with double layers for using with a pad, looks really cool, and is hand made in America by one of our own.

The HH is made in china, sold by a guy who wants to stifle any competition or innovation in hammocks. It's included tarp is a joke, suspension system is a pain in the butt, and the bottom entry is an annoying gimmick for MOST folks. It also doesn't have a neat shelf.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler XL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    The warbonnet has top entry, a big shelf for storing your gear, the ability to flip the bug net out of your way, a better suspension system, a foot box for laying diagonally, is more spacious inside, is available with double layers for using with a pad, looks really cool, and is hand made in America by one of our own.

The HH is made in china, sold by a guy who wants to stifle any competition or innovation in hammocks. It's included tarp is a joke, suspension system is a pain in the butt, and the bottom entry is an annoying gimmick for MOST folks. It also doesn't have a neat shelf.
    I'm new to hammocks like you and luckily got to try out both of the hammocks you mention. I found that everything Mustardman said is true. Even if the blackbird only had one of those features I'd still want it over the Hennessey. Instead it has all of those which makes it a no brainer!

Hurry up and get in line for your Blackbird, spring is coming!

chris
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by ibigler5 View Post
    Any reason?
    Yeah, the voice of experience!

But seriously, I recently acquired a Hennessy Exped Asym and while I like it, my Blackbird is my #1...hands down...and I currently have 5 hammocks.

The thought, engineering, workmanship, build-quality, and support from Brandon (the man behind the Blackbird!) is legendary. 30 seconds in a Blackbird will convince you it is an amazing hammock!

Hammock
    1.1 DL Traveler
    Tarp
    Etowah 8x10
    Insulation
    AHE Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I think versatility describes the blackbird best for the reasons that Mustardman gave. I have slept overnight in a Hennessy and the bottom entry was cool, just not for me. I like the idea of sleeping all night without the bugnet above me. I felt a little cramped in the Hennessy too. Blackbird gives me all the room I need and more. For a fair price, you can get a much better product IMO with the Blackbird. Either way you will be happy that you have switched to hanging instead of being on the ground!
    Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Zeti UQ & WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    While I was waiting on my new BB, I spent a night out at a local state park in my HULBA. It started out Fri night in the very humid high 70s, I was really hot. About midnight the wind began to blow as a cold front came in. I wrapped up in my sleeping bag to stay warm. Soon I noticed that my bottom was cold. My rear was falling through the bottom entry. Not supposed to happen. Never happened before...? Did I have the head end up too high? What was the matter? Well, between the cold, the wind, and my rear slipping through the entry all night, I didn't sleep very well. Fortunately, I arrived home to my new BB which came in the mail while I was gone.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    And I thought I really loved Bridges...... BB is my choice.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    First 'camping' hammock was a Hennessy. I currently have 3 of them in my house; they rarely leave the house these days. If I'm on the trail 9 times out of 10 I've got my Blackbird in my pack. I own at least 8 different camping hammocks (probably a couple more than that) and none of them compare to the Blackbird in terms of functionality across the board. Some have excellent traits for specific purposes, the Blackbird just takes the best of all and wraps into one package, IMO.

Not knocking the rest, they are all my babies. The BB is just my favorite (until something, somehow, even better comes along ).
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts