Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Web

Wow huge bubble burst

Got my new under quilt and bag today, not gonna say from where cause I don't think that would be fair to trash a company online but I'm so unhappy with my purchase. I felt like I was customer #1 on the phone, I was assured I'd get just what I wanted, after the order it's like well you shoulda asked for that...? I thought that's what were the phone conversations about? and I guess the box for the special request in the order form just does not mean much? I'll probably use it for the summer and put it up for sale. I was really excited about this purchase, now I'm depressed about it. Waste of 400.00

Update: Company fixing everything, I was surprised to get the phone call, I was shocked at how far they were willing to go to make things right. Very impressed
    Last edited by Trailuser; 06-05-2013 at 13:43. Reason: Update

Hammock
    DIY Dangerous Bird
    Tarp
    DIY Rooftop
    Insulation
    DIY Apex/Argon
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    sorry to hear about your bad experience. Could you shed a little more light about what went wrong with your order, or what it is about your purchase that leaves you let down? Possibly to help future customers avoid the same trouble
    -Jon-

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Man I am so sorry to hear of this misfortune. I assume you have already contacted the vendor? All of the vendors who I have dealt with have always been very helpful in righting any mistake that was made. Were they not helpful? What did you originally order and what did you receive? Hopefully it all works our for the best keep us posted.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Web

Have to recant now

Well I have to recant now. The quilt company called me, said it was a miscommunication about what I wanted, they are replacing my order immediately, That is the most amazing customer service I've ever seen, did not see that coming at all, guess when you least expect it people surprise you.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Good thing you didn't put the company on blast...glad it all worked out.

The usual thing with about all of the cottage industries found around here is good customer service and good products. I have had occasion to deal with several and have had nothing but good experience. I know that the occasional problem does arise, but it also seems that things are made right without too much ado. We are fortunate to have such a dependable resource for the specialized items we use and require. Just my $0.02.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcs View Post
    Well I have to recant now. The quilt company called me, said it was a miscommunication about what I wanted, they are replacing my order immediately, That is the most amazing customer service I've ever seen, did not see that coming at all, guess when you least expect it people surprise you.
    Some of the cottage vendors on here are outstanding. No one's perfect and the way to tell a good vendor from a marginal one is how they react when the imperfections happen.

Glad to hear it worked out for you!
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    Great everything worked out, and this seems pretty typical for most of the vendors here.

Was there something about the mis-communication you could share that might help others avoid this scenario, no names or indentifying details though.

Thanks and hope you enjoy your new (#2) quilt.

jason

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Web

Sizing Issues

My problem was sizing, since I lack experience with equipment I have to trust in the vendor for the question "is it gonna fit me?". I spoke with several of the companies that make quilts and choose one in particular because they said they could accommodate my dislike (more like phobia) of mummy bags and shape my TQ more like a semi rectangular bag. Foot box is my problem, I can't stand the confinement. That point did not get transferred to the people at the sewing machine and I got a regular width foot box, I was bummed because I had sent my Mountain Hardware rectangular bag back to manufacture for a zipper repair and already had a trip planned next week. I will say the quilt company has gone way above and beyond trying to fix this problem, I should see my new TQ in a day or two, hopefully before I head to the AT.

If it was not for this one company, I would not have bought a quilt system because of my foot box issues. I would have just used a retangular bag and a pad. They were the only ones I found that would customize a TQ for me. I even contemplated learning to sew so I could make my own.

Hammock
    TTTG SB1.9s / DreamHmk
    Tarp
    HG WinterKingdom
    Insulation
    HG M50 Superiority
    Suspension
    MakinWhoopies Bob.
    Really glad that it worked out. Who doesn't like a happy ending?
    -Bill

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
    -LTC D. Grossman

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast