BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* UQ, 20* TQ
    Suspension
    WS + Whoopie Hooks

A good sling to put your butt in

I haven't been too active on the forums lately because I've been too busy hanging in my BIAS WWM 1.1! I'm ~150 pounds, 5'6" and the Weight Weenie Micro is the most comfortable hammock I've laid in. The 1.1 does not stretch too much. I also have the Nano Buginator and it is very easy to use. You should clear out any underbrush under your hammock when you use the net though because otherwise it may snag. I use Whoopie Hooks and they are very convenient, compact, and secure. I really like my whole new system. I've previously used a Warbonnet Traveler 1.7 and a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 double and my WWM 1.1 is more comfortable for me. I should note that I bought the fixed ridgeline and that is very nice too.

Thanks for the great products and the great service, guys!
    -Dan

Bikes, guns, beer, and camping make me .

The Micro and Nano Buginator is the setup that's always in my pack and I don't leave home without them..

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl & ENO DN
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Buckle or Whoopie
    I sent Brian an email, but never got a reply. So, I'm hoping some members might help me by answering some questions.

I'm intrigued that you find the Weight Weenie Micro to be more comfortable than the popular Warbonnet Traveler & Blackbird.

I assumed that a 'micro' hammock would compromise comfort due to smaller sizing. However, upon checking the specs (52" wide x 11' (132") long), it seems the WWM is not really a 'small' hammock. Maybe it's micro moniker refers to it's light weight of 6 oz. (130 grams) for 52" wide?

I'd love to cut down on the weight of my hammock set-up. So, I have a couple of questions...

1) Do the Weight Weenie & Weight Weenie Micro use the same material?

2) Do you find the WWM at standard 52" width to be as comfortable as other popular hammocks, such as standard sized Hennessy's, ENO's, Grand Trunks, etc.?

3) Which width do you recommend?

4) Do you recommend the Knotty Mod ($25)?

5) Does the Buginator in Nano material significantly cut down on airflow through the material? Or, would you recommend the Standard material for someone who sometimes feels like he can't breathe in a bug-netted hammock?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
    fly fisher

The materials are differnt between the WW and Micro. The material for the WW has a little bit of a softer feel to it and higher weight limit but both are very comfort.

Any net will cut down on your airfrow but I really can't tell the difference between the airflow thru the Buginator and Nano Buginator.

My go-to set up is a 60" wide Mico with the Knotty mod and the Nano Buginator.
    The Knotty m od is well worth the extra coin.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG:Burrow/Incubato
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

A good sling to put your butt in

+1 for the knotty mod. I have the hiker light and really really like it

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    The materials are differnt between the WW and Micro. The material for the WW has a little bit of a softer feel to it and higher weight limit but both are very comfort.

Any net will cut down on your airfrow but I really can't tell the difference between the airflow thru the Buginator and Nano Buginator.

My go-to set up is a 60" wide Mico with the Knotty mod and the Nano Buginator.
    The Knotty m od is well worth the extra coin.

Single layer?

Double or single is just a personal choice.
    I am 175-180# and the single layer micro works great for me...

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: A good sling to put your butt in

I am the same way... I hardly leave the house without my WWM and buginator... It stays in one of my saddle bags with straps and toggles in the stuff sack with it... Never know when you might have time to kill...

I haven't gone through summer yet with this net and hammock... But like stated above, anything is going to block the wind some... Just get a fan to hang on your ridgeline and be a happy camper... I use an Off brand insect repellant fan thing... It works... There are other options but I just haven't looked for them. I'm thinking a computer fan and a set of 9v batteries may be something to look at though...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I have a WWM and a WWM double layer - I like 60" wide. They are both the most comfortable hammocks I've tried, including the WBBB. However, comfort appears to be a very personal thing with hammocks, so your results may be different. I haven't felt the need for the knotty mod - it addresses a problem I don't seem to have.

I also have the Buginator and Nano Buginator - haven't noticed any difference in airflow. The only time I have ever felt like I couldn't breathe in a bugnet was in 95 degree heat with 80% humidity - won't be doing that again. I rarely camp in summer because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    I am the same way... I hardly leave the house without my WWM and buginator... It stays in one of my saddle bags with straps and toggles in the stuff sack with it... Never know when you might have time to kill...

I haven't gone through summer yet with this net and hammock... But like stated above, anything is going to block the wind some... Just get a fan to hang on your ridgeline and be a happy camper... I use an Off brand insect repellant fan thing... It works... There are other options but I just haven't looked for them. I'm thinking a computer fan and a set of 9v batteries may be something to look at though...

I use a couple of these on my RL to cool off. They push a lot of air and they are around $2-3 at WallyWorld.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast