DH Darien, DIY, ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    DIYUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

1.0 Ripstop

So I am thinking about having a 1.0 woodland darien built for myself. I am 5'8" and 145lbs. I know this will hold my weight, that's no problem. But I am wondering how comfortable it will be, and how many people are actually happy with 1.0 30d ripstop. I have heard it is a bit more springy...

I guess what I'm asking for is opinions on 1.0 ripstop. Are people happy with it? Or should I opt for 1.9 ACU(although I really want the woodland camo).

I'm used to ENO's parachute material. And I liked the 1.9 ripstop I laid in... Just for reference if that helps you guys any. I'm hoping I make sense and it's clear what I'm asking...
    Grant

Getting lost is not a waste of time.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    I definitely like my 1.9 hammock better, but I'm perfectly happy in my 1.0 hammocks.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

I am extremely happy with mine (darien UL with 1.0), I am 5'9" and was 194 (dropped 7#'s, so I'm down too 187 now) but it holds (held) me just fine. I find it very comfortable, better than my 3 hennessey hammocks, and my 3 DIY hammocks, and my bridge. But YMMV, what is comfortable and works for one, is the worst thing in the world for another. If there's any one near you (or an upcoming HF hang) that you could try out first that would probably be best. Of course this is my humble opinion which some don't like!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DH Darien, DIY, ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    DIYUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Ah! It's so hard to decide. And of course dream hammocks being closed until the 9th doesn't help any... I really like the woodland camo, that's what I want. But I wish it was offered in something else. 1.0 scares me from all I have read.

I had a 1.9 darien UL but it was too long for me. So I know if I got a darien 1.9 I will be happy. But I know 1.0 will keep my pack lighter, and will be the pattern I want.

Thank you both for your opinions.
    Grant

Hammock
    DH Darien, DIY, ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    DIYUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I should add that I am perfectly happy with the way ENO's treat me. I think it's a great hammock but I know it's a low end compared to our cottage vendors. I want to move to an American made vendor. The fact dream hammocks is made in my home state makes it even better.
    Grant

• + New Posts