WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Thermarest & Bag
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners

Question Best Hammock Stand for WBBB

Hello all. I have read many posts on this forum and my head is swimming. I want to build a hammock stand that will fit my WBBB nicely. I typically have two trees that are exactly 15 feet apart to hang my Blackbird on. However, I am moving to a new development and will no longer have any trees.

So I wanted you guys and gals thoughts on this. I really like the looks of the 2x4 PHS ( Original design by TrailH4x) but it seems that if I follow the directions to this then I will only have about 12.4 feet between my suspension tie outs. I dont think that this will be long enough for me to get the magic 30 degree hang we all know and love without my butt almost being on the ground. I am 5'8" and a slender 240. However, I may be totally wrong as I am a newb to this.

So has anyone used this stand with a blackbird and found it to be useful and comfortable. Did you leave it the regular dimensions as is or did you have to make it larger. Or is there a much better stand to use for this application. I would like it to be multi purpose as I also have HH Explorer Deluxe and am thinking about getting a ridge runner as well. I know the turtledog stand would probably work but my wife is not convinced about the looks of this stand. (I guess she just doesn't understand hammocking). Anywhoo, I gotta keep momma happy and she seems to be ok with the 2x4 PHS. Appreciate the help anyone can give me. Thanks everyone.

Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stustumble View Post
    Hello all. I have read many posts on this forum and my head is swimming. I want to build a hammock stand that will fit my WBBB nicely. I typically have two trees that are exactly 15 feet apart to hang my Blackbird on. However, I am moving to a new development and will no longer have any trees.

So I wanted you guys and gals thoughts on this. I really like the looks of the 2x4 PHS ( Original design by TrailH4x) but it seems that if I follow the directions to this then I will only have about 12.4 feet between my suspension tie outs. I dont think that this will be long enough for me to get the magic 30 degree hang we all know and love without my butt almost being on the ground. I am 5'8" and a slender 240. However, I may be totally wrong as I am a newb to this.

So has anyone used this stand with a blackbird and found it to be useful and comfortable. Did you leave it the regular dimensions as is or did you have to make it larger. Or is there a much better stand to use for this application. I would like it to be multi purpose as I also have HH Explorer Deluxe and am thinking about getting a ridge runner as well. I know the turtledog stand would probably work but my wife is not convinced about the looks of this stand. (I guess she just doesn't understand hammocking). Anywhoo, I gotta keep momma happy and she seems to be ok with the 2x4 PHS. Appreciate the help anyone can give me. Thanks everyone.
    I just built one last weekend loosley based on this thread by jjthedog which may be based on the original design by TrailH4x :

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=31145

however in order to accomodate my WBBB and WB XLC I made the base 10' and the uprights 8' as suggested by soundman in this thread:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=43905

I think this gives a 16' span per soundman - works perfect so far
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

Hammock
    DIY Ripstop/ Blackbird
    Tarp
    Tad Pole/Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Rev X
    Suspension
    whoopies
    The Turtledog Stand hangs my WBBB with whoopies quite nicely on a 10 foot ridgepole

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Used the TurtleDog stand for my WBBB last weekend, worked great. Cheap and easy build. I put an eyebolt on the top of the rearward facing leg on both stands and ran my CRL through it. Spaced the stands so that my Superfly just fit and adjusted my straps to fit the hammock. Warm and dry Wednesday through Sunday.

• + New Posts