Images

DIY HH Hybrid...I think?

Okay, so I've looked through the threads on the DIY HH Clone by HeadChange4U and the Gathered End option by Knotty and I have a question that I didn't see in all the threads (seriously bleery eyed from the research so I probably missed it).

I want to make a hammock out of some 40D nylon I just got. This is for me to hang inside for now when I want my nap but it will go outside when the weather is more accommodating (the backyard) and may even go to the piney woods from time to time. This will make sense when I ask the question.

Can I use the same concept of the HH Clone (placing the tieouts as shown by HC4U) but use the gathered end process and still get a lie like the HH? I'm concerned that the gathering will change the lay to an extent that it will not be like my Expl. I'm not doing a bugnet but will do a ridgeline.

Seems to me that what makes the HH "asym" is the bug net attachment. I lay on the angle and love my HH. I just need something to use inside and I don't want the bugnet in the way.

Thoughts, comments, snide remarks. All are welcome.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    This is exactly what I did. I used to have a Hennessy and this clone is very much like it. Mines a little longer and wider though. Very comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Images
    It's been several days on this one so I'm bumping just once to see if anyone else who is familiar with the question will weigh in for me. Just wanting to see if I'm heading down the correct path.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    It's been several days on this one so I'm bumping just once to see if anyone else who is familiar with the question will weigh in for me. Just wanting to see if I'm heading down the correct path.
    Just made two hammocks out of same material. All I did is make a channel at both ends and run a ZipTie through the channel and cinch it down. Then put some paracord whipping on the end and larks-headed a UCR at each end with the ridge line fed through the whipping channel and gathered end and then wrapped back on top of itself in a sort of half-larks head. The end result was perfect. The Zip-Tie approach ensures that it is gathered evenly around the end ring. This is the third hammock I have done like this and I can sleep better in them than my HH Explorer.
    From my personal experience, I think that gathering the hammock is better than folding it.

Also: With the sewn channel and ziptie, the whipping may not even be needed depending on how much you trust your thread injecting.

I will have to take pictures of the way I whip mine similar to the HH. Both of mine are DIY HH Clones with Knotty Mods. I do 5 rolls per side to the middle, fold both rolls together then use 550 cord to whip the end with my suspension larks headed over the whip .

Here's a link to my thread on my DIY HH : https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=62694

I hope that helps

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedKlown2 View Post
    I will have to take pictures of the way I whip mine similar to the HH. Both of mine are DIY HH Clones with Knotty Mods. I do 5 rolls per side to the middle, fold both rolls together then use 550 cord to whip the end with my suspension larks headed over the whip .

Here's a link to my thread on my DIY HH : https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=62694

I hope that helps
    Thanks partner. I see what you did and it looks cool. I just ordered my Amsteel to make my woopies and some extra to make an adjustable ridgeline. Probably overkill for the ridgeline but while I'm splicing and making buries I figured I'd experiment there too. What the hey. The amsteel was so much cheaper than I imagined I couldn't resist.

By the way, as a side note. Thank you for your service to our country. I appreciate the freedom you secure for me and am grateful.

Sorry I am posting so late with the pics. Emergency Cub Scout Leader Meeting tonight.

View from the top of the whip

View from the end of the whip ( 5 folds on each side )

My thumb sitting in the middle fold of the whip ( top of hammock )

I hope that helps

Thank You for your Support of the Military

• + New Posts