DIY D/L ripstop nylon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping pad
    Suspension
    Amsteel UCR

How to tell 1.1dl from 1.7dl

I'm relatively new to hanging and am getting ready to step up to a full-blown camping hammock. Currently, I have an opportunity to pick up a pristine double layer WBBB with Superfly tarp. The current owner isn't sure whether he has the 1.1 or the 1.7. At 265lbs, I think I really ought to have a 1.7dl. Does Brandon mark the hammock in any way, or is there another way to tell which fabric I'm looking at?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL ENO D, WW
    Tarp
    HG Cuben &Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20*TQ & 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Weight, the 1.7 will be a bit heavier. Branden has the weights on his website.
    "Life's short, if you don't stop and look around every once in a while you might miss it". FB

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/SB
    Images

Re: How to tell 1.1dl from 1.7dl

Also, if you open it up, you'll notice 2 separate layers near the zipper.. If it's a double. Kind of like a sleeve? Idk how to explain it

Hammock
    Gnome 1.5sl, WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    The 1.7 dl will be an olive green color, just like an olive. the 1.1 dl will be brown or a dark grey green if it was an early version. The olive color is very distinct, have no clue where he gets it, never found it offered anywhere. And the olive green is solid not a ripstop fabric like the 1.1. Hope that helps...Bush

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL,WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    1.1 is "silky" 1.7 isn't rough but definitely rougher.
    Also you can see the threads in 1.7 much easier when you view light through it.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

and of course There are A LOT of chickens in China.
    NPR correspondent-- Hong Kong

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I guess it's difficult to tell apart if you have never seen both. Also, in the time I have been addicted to hammocks (~3 years), Warbonnet changed the 1.1 fabrics a couple of times. I have seen black and "slate", and it seems that the current fabric is different again.

As others already wrote, the 1.7 fabric is very green, although I would describe it more as a "NATO" or military green - the kind worn 50 years ago or such. When you slide your fingers over the fabric, you can feel the threads slightly (not as rough by far as my Hennessy Safari, though). With the 1.1 fabric, it's really kind of silky, smooth and shiny. And the color is in all likelihood darkish.

Maybe compare the fabric of the WB stuff sack to the fabric of the hammock. My WB stuff sacks (for tarps and hammocks alike) are all made of 1.1 fabric. If the stuff sack looks and feels similar to the hammock fabric, you'll probably be looking at a 1.1. And as somebody mentioned, the 1.1 fabric has a square pattern - the 1.7 has no pattern.

If all that fails, there is still the weight difference. I weighed both hammocks without the webbing but with buckles (just take the webbing out of the buckles). My 1.7 DL weighs 826g, the 1.1 DL I had weighed 635g.

Hammock
    DIY D/L ripstop nylon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping pad
    Suspension
    Amsteel UCR
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Looks like I've been looking at a 1.1dl. I'll have to order from Brandon, which is not a bad thing.
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary...."

Paul
    Jacksonville, Fl

Hammock
    Grapenut DIY
    Tarp
    HNO Airship
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo
    Suspension
    Always

1.7 fabric

...This is the 1.7 layer fabric (in a SL). The occupant, my wife, was competely unauthorized!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

• + New Posts