Hey folks, been through the warbonnet section a few times and I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for so here goes...has anyone used a single rap ring in conjunction with a slipped buntline on the amsteel for the line/strap suspension before? For those not being able to picture what I'm talking about here's a pic

That is from the hennessy hammock section so the cord being used there is from a backpacker ul I believe. I realize that the webbing suspension would be even easier to adjust, my reason for thinking of this option is because I've been toying with the idea of setting up a blackbird with a hennessy asym tarp in the same prusik fashion on the suspension line just like a hennessy, which I don't think would work well with the webbing. I really like the idea of being able to set everything as one instead of dealing with a separate tarp and hammock. I don't own a hennessy or a blackbird so this is purely a mental exercise to find out if it would actually work. I could always go with the simple slipped buntline on the tree strap as well, just wondering about quick adjustment options.

In my head I'm thinking it should work fine. If I went this route I would be using the thicker omega pacific rings so that would help minimize tight wraps that degrade the line strength. And for the prusiks I would be using techline or the smaller 1.75 lash it. Any info out there to suggest the ring option is a bad idea or wouldn't work?