DH RoamingGnome
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    ALL HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Stupid Ticks

So I did trip a couple weeks ago up by pine creek in north central PA. Tuesday morning found a tick on chest. Sure enough the bulls eye came a few days later along with a fever and an achy neck.I found it odd that a tick would show up on my chest. Usually ive found them on my arms and legs. Anyway the doctor confirmed the worst and seams to think it has been hanging around since my trip. Anyone got any advice on how to deal with this for the next month until the antibiotics take care of the lymes? BLAHHH!!!!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, DH's, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Bandit/ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Swag
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see how you make out. Good luck.

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    ALL HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceDog View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see how you make out. Good luck.
    Much appreciated. I am just worried that I am going to feel terrible for a months. Anyone that can give me some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hammock
    Tablecloth DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    leighlo UQ- 32F
    Suspension
    m'spike hitch, web
    Went through the same thing. Just finished the doxycycline last week. I had a tick hanging out in my navel and I completely missed it for 48 hours. You cannot be too careful. Spotted fever kills! Started using permethrin on hiking clothes and shoes... it really helps...but you still have to check yourself out about every 4 hours. Seed ticks are the worst.
    --he who knows the great enthusiasms.
    -T. Roosevelt

They had a special on PBS about this very thing ,the main thing is that taking antibiotics for 4 to 6 weeks is not enough ,you need to take them for a extended period of time.Go online and do some searching ,all kinds of info.
    good luck/dale

It's been a while for me (almost 20 years) and everyone's Lymes is different, but in general, the earlier you get treated, the quicker the recovery. Prepare to keep covered up (the meds usually come with some brutal sun sensitivity).

For me (who got flulike symptoms and bullseyes a couple weeks after exposure), I was up and around pretty quick (not as bad as mono)

Hope that helps.

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    ALL HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Exedore6 View Post
    It's been a while for me (almost 20 years) and everyone's Lymes is different, but in general, the earlier you get treated, the quicker the recovery. Prepare to keep covered up (the meds usually come with some brutal sun sensitivity).

For me (who got flulike symptoms and bullseyes a couple weeks after exposure), I was up and around pretty quick (not as bad as mono)

Hope that helps.
    It makes me feel better. I was bit on Tuesday and am on antibiotics today. So hopefully I caught early enough that it wont last real long. Thanks for the help

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    webbing
    Good luck, and hoping you have a speedy recovery.

I hope it is at least some comfort knowing that it was a Pennsylvania tick and not a European variety. They get a symptom we get to skip.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease

Hammock
    diy 1.1 oz
    Tarp
    diy cat cut
    Insulation
    hg incubator
    Suspension
    dutch whoopie hook
    I treat heavily at the entrance points with permethrin. Every time I've had a tick there has also been one hanging out on the collar of my shirt.

Teasel root tincture (or any form you can get your hands on) is very effective in treating Lyme's...along with antibiotics of course.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast