Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Uncle MJM lives in College Station. He's your guy.
    I'm an Aggie who graduated, moved away and then when the opportunity to move back arose, I jumped on it and have not looked back. My wife is a school teacher. My kids went through all their school years here. My parents, who have lived all over and are retired military, picked this community to retire.

PM me when you know your schedule and we can grab a cup of coffee and talk about the place while you are in town if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Oh, one thing: College Station ain't Boulder, Madison, or Berkley.
    ... and although I love Dave, my brother to the left and north, that's what drew me here.

It is a diverse community though with both red and blue bumper stickers, academic folks, red necks, ethnic/international diversity, tree huggers, 2 or 3 hippies, and the occasional smart aleck. It has much of what large cities have in a more condensed form, (whatever that means )

Quote Originally Posted by wylie_coyote View Post
    Thanks Guys for the input. Keep opinions coming good or bad.

Sounds like our kind of place kids can have more pets, and we may not be the dumbest ones on the block anymore

I will probably be down in July for an interview, they are still trying to get everything lined up. So I will get to experience the heat and compare it to here and Florida where we used to live.
    Good schools.

Lot's of good restaurants paid for by parents of students and enjoyed between semesters by the locals.

Excellent and still growing medical facilities.

Any "big city" features that are not here are within a reasonable drive - (about 90 minutes to Houston, 2 hours to Austin, 3 hours to Dallas or San Antonio). The beach is less than 2 1/2 hours south and the piney woods w/in an hour east.

Rush hour is from 5:00-5:20PM.

You are already used to heat and humidity coming from Florida so for that you should feel right at home.

Biggest negative is for some allergy sufferers. B/CS is located in the Brazos River "valley" and the combination of humidity and lower land where pollen seems to settle can be tough for some.

The next challenge for some is driving anywhere around campus in the fall on game days when the population of the community doubles.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    It is FOOTBALL and the Aggie's. talk about traditions.....
    Whoop!

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    It is a diverse community though with both red and blue bumper stickers, academic folks, red necks, ethnic/international diversity, tree huggers, 2 or 3 hippies, and the occasional smart aleck.
    You rang?

Hammock
    ENO doublenest, and DIY
    Tarp
    Blue monster from
    Insulation
    SOON im cold
    Suspension
    woopies and hugs
    Thanks UncleMJM for responding and the offer. Sounds similar to here Athens GA = BullDAWGS Football.

Rush hour is probably a little shorter here I think to about 5:15. But forget going out on a home saturday game.

Hammock
    Snug pak
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    North Face Down Ba
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Just get used to living on Texas time and you'll be fine. Nobody ever seems to get in a hurry around here.

Hammock
    SimplyLight Trail Layer
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ & EE TQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    You've probably already interviewed by now but I thought I'd let you know that if you're interested in finding the
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    tree huggers, 2 or 3 hippies,
    as UncleMJM said and don't want to drive to Austin, College Station's next door neighbor Bryan is a pretty nice place.

There is a small downtown that is a little more granola than College Station. Good locally owned food, an outdoor movie theater, music venues that play more than just country. Nothing wrong with country, it just caters to live bands of other genres. Second Saturday happens there combined with ArtWalk, good for families too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12