DD Hammock Suspension Help

Hi everyone,

Recently got a DD Frontline Hammock, and having only used it without tree huggers, I am a little confused as to how to use them with the stock webbing provided with the hammock i.e knots etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images

Re: DD Hammock Suspension Help

I believe most people who frequent this site get rid of the stock webbing altogether and opt for whoopies and tree huggers or similar, there are vids on youtube on how to do it.

If you don't want to get rid of the webbing, you could just tie a knot through the webbing loop. you will probably want to add a water break near the hammock because that webbing soaks up water pretty well.

If you decide to go for whoopies or UCRs fire me a pm, I bought amsteel from dd in bulk so I got it for £0.69 pm, I'll happily whip some up for you for the cost of the amsteel and save you a few pennies.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    I use the stock webbing still, just too lazy to change over until it gets really rainy. take one end of the webbing around the side of the tree that is opposite of the side of the tree the hammock is on. Do at least one full wrap around and tie a plain bow knot (shoe laces) on the side of the tree opposite from the hammock. The webbing is quite grippy and a bit stretchy. You will most likely have to adjust your tension a few times till you get the hang you want.

You may have picked this up from the previous replies but, just to make it really clear:

You don't need to use the tree huggers if you're using stock webbing. There may be a way to do it but it's not necessarry.

Maybe you're looking to use the huggers so you can hang between trees further apart (makes for a less comfortable hang)?

You wrap the hugger round the tree then thread one end through the loop on the other end and pull tight, leaving you with one length wit a loop on the end. You could tie the stock webbing through that loop (don't ask me which knot to use though) and that might do the trick but it'd be better to fine two more suitable trees!

The huggers are for use with whoopie slings or similar suspension set-ups (for those of us who don't like tying knots!

• + New Posts