Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Well my considerable experience with shoulder is be very gentle on your self. I slept in my hammock shortly after my last surgery. I will back up a little bit. I had my left shoulder repaired back years ago. They put a ceramic plate in lots of wires a big ugly screws that look like huge wood screws. A couple of years ago, after repeated dislocations, I had my right shoulder repaired, Full Monty on that one, nicer screws this time and a titanium plate this go round. Then I ripped everything loose again. Back for more surgery. That time I slept in my hammock instead of my TempurPedic bed, because the bed hurt me.

Almost two years ago, I had a computer implanted next to my left Clavicle, which means I now have a ceramic plate, wires, screws a rather large thick computer and three leads. I am female, all of 63 inches tall, with a lot of junk in my shoulders, especially the left one.

My experience, sure, just be-careful of the the positions you use. I had to kind of get the muscles accustom to being used. I think of it like having a nice piece of leather, all smooth and shinny, stiff also. Well, stiff leather does not bend or flex well. So you have to bend and twist it to get it to be supple and workable. I had to work my shoulder and the muscles to get it to the point where I could sleep on my side.

If you are 35 or older, besure to go through your range of motion frequently. You do not want your shoulder to stiffen to the point of not being able to use it. Physiotherapy is a excellent idea. The Therapist can manipulate your shoulder to help it heal in a healthy way.

Personally I think Hanging around is good for your body when you are recovering, it takes a lot of weight off your joints. Just make sure you can exit the hammock on your own. Not cool to get in and not be able to get out. Been there done that! LOL

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Afro View Post
    I've recently broken my clavicle way over by my shoulder to the point that it needed to have hardware and pins installed. I've gotten the ok from the Doc, but I'd like ya'lls input. Sleeping in bed is not so bad on the shoulder but wreaks havock on the rest of my body. I'm a side sleeper in a reg bed, but due to the shoulder can only lay flat on my back. The hammock would help with the back issue, but would The shoulder squeeze get me?

Also if any of you've had a clavicle break how did it affect your hammock comfort in the long term?
    Try to sleep in hammock like this and in half side and half back position with broken side up to eliminate squeeze. I done just that and healed faster than initially Doc said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    There was a thread about this a while back. Not telling you to use the search function, or anything, just adding a resource to the mix. The thread is here.

You might want to PM J.Andersons and see how things worked-out for him in the end.
    I'm surprised by your memory
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    It took me several months to get back into a hammock after breaking mine in a motorcycle accident about 2 years ago. 8 broken ribs didn't help the cause either.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Andersons View Post
    I'm surprised by your memory
    It is much like the tide of the oceans; it comes and it goes.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12